Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kasia

gluten-free Breakfast Cereal & Chocolate?

Hi there,

I posted this earlier & it appears to have vanished, so if I double post my apologies!

I'm from the UK & we are visiting WDW in May (which appears to be coeliac heaven!).

Just wondered if anyone could recommend some gluten-free breakfast cereal for an adult which isn't too sweet & is relatively healthy - can you get a gluten-free porridge type cereal (oatmeal but without the oats?).

Also I'm a bit of a chocoholic & would love to know of some great chocolate that I can snack on.

And finally ....... do any Floridians know the nearest store to get Redbridge beer please? We're staying in a villa near Formosa Gardens (highway 192 - is the area Kissimmee?). The gluten-free beer & lager here leaves a lot to be desired, & I'm looking forward to trying Redbridge, as it's not available in Britain.

Thanks for your help

Kate

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi there,

I posted this earlier & it appears to have vanished, so if I double post my apologies!

I'm from the UK & we are visiting WDW in May (which appears to be coeliac heaven!).

Just wondered if anyone could recommend some gluten-free breakfast cereal for an adult which isn't too sweet & is relatively healthy - can you get a gluten-free porridge type cereal (oatmeal but without the oats?).

Also I'm a bit of a chocoholic & would love to know of some great chocolate that I can snack on.

And finally ....... do any Floridians know the nearest store to get Redbridge beer please? We're staying in a villa near Formosa Gardens (highway 192 - is the area Kissimmee?). The gluten-free beer & lager here leaves a lot to be desired, & I'm looking forward to trying Redbridge, as it's not available in Britain.

Thanks for your help

Kate

dear husband has been gluten-free for 20 yrs and is so delighted with redbridge beer. to find it we went on the manufacturers site Ans . Bush and found the link to it. it also has a link to find where it's sold. i know that walmart's has it in my area and that stores in fla were listed. Can't spell anhauser correctly, so that's why i did not add the link . good luck. try www.anhauserbush.com

Bob's Red Mill has a Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal that is a comb of corn and other grains and is cooked with water on the stove. I add fruit and raisins and cinnamon. After cooking I add milk and a pinch of brown sugar.

Both Dolfin and Dacoba have some very interesting ingredients added, rosemary, rose hips, cinnamon, earl grey, etc.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Well, this isn't an adult cereal, but it might be perfect for a chocoholic! Cocoa Pebbles is gluten-free.

I also eat the Bob's cereal mentioned above.

We buy Redbridge at the grocery. I don't drink it, but non-gluten-free hubby loves it! He never used to be a beer drinker.

The great chocolate I buy is local to Ohio, but if you see a Kroger where you are, they sometimes carry it since they're out of Ohio-- Esther Price Chocolate. Other than that, I like the cheap stuff -- Reece's Pieces or Peanut Butter M&M's are my favorite. There are also good chocolate bars at places like Wild Oats or Whole Foods (you can search the internet for locations near where you'll be).

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Lots of pure chocolate is gluten free - my favorite brands are Tropical Source and Dagoba, but I found Pralus today, and it's quite good.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

kasia:

your post did not disappear; you just did not have any responses yet on that thread. Please refrain from duplicate postings. At any time, you can click on your user name, and click on your threads or your posts to find things you have written. That is one way to find them.

Usually the admin will delete the re-posting, but since your re-posting is the one with responses, I have requested that your original post is deleted.

Thanks,

Laura

Hi Laura

How odd. My post did not appear I posted the 1st post at 8.36am & did not repost until 2.26pm having checked the board 5 times and my 1st post was not there. Very strange? BTW I did click on my user name & the post was there, just not on the board (5 hours later?)

As you can tell from my messgage I do not double post, but it really wasn't there. Do posts not get added immediately (maybe because the 1st post would have been posted in the middle of the night US time).

The second post showed up immediately, & when I checked the forum later I saw my 1st post further down.

I did try to delete the 1st post but couldn't

Sorry.

Kate