This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Eatting Out In Sacramento,ca?

janelyb

janelyb Enthusiast

Trying to create a list of places to eat.......so far here's what I've got please help me add to it for the Sacramento and surrounding areas

Wendy's

In & Out

Claim Jumpers

Scott's seafood

PF Changs

Macroni Grill (??)

Mimi's Cafe

La Rosa Blanca

Outback

Chili's

and I was told Jimboys but I'm not sure what is for sure gluten-free on their menu.

I need more fast food places to add to my list or dine in places please help me with my list.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GeoffCJ Enthusiast
Trying to create a list of places to eat.......so far here's what I've got please help me add to it for the Sacramento and surrounding areas

Wendy's

In & Out

Claim Jumpers

Scott's seafood

PF Changs

Macroni Grill (??)

Mimi's Cafe

La Rosa Blanca

Outback

Chili's

and I was told Jimboys but I'm not sure what is for sure gluten-free on their menu.

I need more fast food places to add to my list or dine in places please help me with my list.

Chipotle and Tacos Del Mar both have gluten free menus on their website.

There is a gluten-free bakery in Davis.

Geoff

janelyb Enthusiast
Chipotle and Tacos Del Mar both have gluten free menus on their website.

There is a gluten-free bakery in Davis.

Geoff

Yeah I'm planning on going to check out the Davis bakery tommorrow. I hear there is one opening in Folsom soon too.

I didn't think we had a taco del mar here but I'll check out their sites.

GeoffCJ Enthusiast
Yeah I'm planning on going to check out the Davis bakery tommorrow. I hear there is one opening in Folsom soon too.

I didn't think we had a taco del mar here but I'll check out their sites.

There are at least two up by me in Natomas.

Let me know what you find at the bakery. Despite going to school in Davis, I haven't tried it yet!

Geoff

Anonymousgurl Contributor

Let me know what you find at the bakery. Despite going to school in Davis, I haven't tried it yet!

Geoff

Hey I noticed that you said you go to school in Davis....the UC right? Well I'm deciding on whether to go to USF or Davis...and I think you might be the perfect person to ask this...in your opinion, how well does Davis deal with their students with food allergies? I have an allergy to gluten and to oil...tough one. LoL. I was just wondering how you were getting along with your diet over there :)

janelyb Enthusiast

Geoff

I went to the bakery today and it wasn't that immpressive. It's really an overprice cafe not bakery. Way too expensive....not at all what I thought it was gonna be. I'm hoping this new gluten-free bakery opening in Folsom will have more variety.

GeoffCJ Enthusiast
Hey I noticed that you said you go to school in Davis....the UC right? Well I'm deciding on whether to go to USF or Davis...and I think you might be the perfect person to ask this...in your opinion, how well does Davis deal with their students with food allergies? I have an allergy to gluten and to oil...tough one. LoL. I was just wondering how you were getting along with your diet over there :)

Wow. Your signature said you tested positive to 91/100 foods?!?!? That must be tough. What can you eat?

I am a student at UC Davis, but in the Graduate School of Management, getting my MBA. So, unfortuantely, I can't really speak to how the diet works in the dorms. In fact, other than coffee, I've only ever eaten in the MU (Memorial Union) and I haven't eaten there since going gluten free. So I'm afraid I can't help much there.

That said, in town, there is a good health food store (the Davis Co-op) with a good selections of gluten free food. There are a few places in town with Gluten free menu choices. There is also a great farmers market twice a week for fresh food. And in Davis, nearly everything is easily reachable by bike.

If you end up here, let me know. Once you are tired of dorm food, my wife and I will have you over for a gluten-free homecooked meal, though you'll have to give us some hints about the other 90 things you can't eat!

Geoff

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GeoffCJ Enthusiast
I went to the bakery today and it wasn't that immpressive. It's really an overprice cafe not bakery. Way too expensive....not at all what I thought it was gonna be. I'm hoping this new gluten-free bakery opening in Folsom will have more variety.

Bummer. Of well. All the gluten-free baked goods I've tried have been disappointing anyway, so I guess I'll save some cash.

You don't knwo the name of the ice cream shop in Folsom that sells gluten-free cones do you?

Thanks,

Geoff

Nantzie Collaborator

The ice cream place is the Tasty Time on Blue Ravine. I haven't been there, so make sure you call ahead and ask first.

Nancy

• 11 months later...
jmreed Rookie

Bump... anyone have any new updates to gluten free food restaurants in Sacramento?

GregC Rookie

BUMP again, I would like to know as well...hey we should have a get-together all of us "gluttens for punishment" in Sacramento and grab some gluten free foods..who else is down? :D

• 2 weeks later...
jmreed Rookie

Crush 29 in Rooseville (1480 Eurika Blvd) has a gluten free menu. My Celiac wife and I are going there tonight. I'll let you know how it is.

Juliebove Rising Star

Just curious but what is gluten-free at Claim Jumpers?

jmreed Rookie
Crush 29 in Rooseville (1480 Eurika Blvd) has a gluten free menu. My Celiac wife and I are going there tonight. I'll let you know how it is.

Well The food was quite good. It was a little expensive though and the portions were small. This was a fine dining establishment. Very good service in the middle of the rush. I would reccomend it though. Apparently (so I've been told) it is owned by the same company as PF Chang's.

• 2 months later...
SacGFGirl Explorer

I just found out Kru Contemporary Japanese Cuisine on J street is willing to accommodate with a few gluten free options. I haven't been there yet but here's what the owner told me:

• 2 weeks later...
SacGFGirl Explorer

I just got a copy of their gluten-free menu and it sounds delicious! Did your wife and you enjoy dinner here? I'm posting the menu for anyone who's interested:

Appetizers

Sesame Glazed Artichoke (No garnish and no aioli)

Steamed in a spiced broth and flash grilled

$7.95

Salads

Strawberry Fields Green

Mixed green salad with feta cheese, pecans, onion sprouts and a strawberry vinaigrette

$7.95

Grilled Ahi Salad (No wontons, No dressing, Sub Asian vinaigrette)

Blackened Crusted Ahi with mizuna mixed greens, cumin spiced peanuts and an Asian vinaigrette

$12.95

Steak and Baby Spinach Salad (No marinated steak, sub un-marinated steak)

Sliced steak with candied pecans, apples, Point Reyes blue cheese and a balsamic dressing

$12.95

Sandwiches & Burgers

Salmon BLT (No bun, No aioli)

Fresh salmon served with bacon, tomato, red onion, and Crush frites

$9.95

Bacon & Avocado Sirloin Burger (No bun, No aioli)

Crisp Apple wood smoked bacon & provolone cheese and Crush frites

$9.95

Pepper Steak & Mushroom Burger (No bun, No aioli, & No onion strings)

Ground sirloin coated with black peppercorns, pepper jack cheese and Crush frites

$9.95

Specialties

Snap Crackle Salmon (No crust)

Scented with lavender on Crush smashed potatoes with asparagus and a mandarin orange sauce

$16.95

Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi-Mahi (No crust, garnish or rice)

Pan Seared with a tomato broth, saut

GregC Rookie

If anyone eats at The Cheesecake factory on Arden, ask for Patrick the Manager..his mom is a celiac and I found this out the other day eating with family..I order just a plain chicken meal with the asparagus and it came with cream sauce that was said to be olive oil based with some lemon..but no, he came out and admitted there was flour used to thicken the cream sauce ..bleh! So maybe he can help out if you guys get over there to eat..the burger sans the bun is EXCELLENT!

Melanie Dawn Newbie

Wendy's

In & Out

Claim Jumpers

Scott's seafood

PF Changs

Macroni Grill (??)

Mimi's Cafe

La Rosa Blanca

Outback

Chili's

There are also in Downtown Sacramento:

Kru

Beach Hut Deli (lettuce wraps downtown sacramento)

Paesano's

Pronto

Thai Basil

Spaghetti Factory

PF Changs (already mentioned)

and a new market, Gluten Free Specialty at 2612 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95816 (next to Starbucks).

• 4 weeks later...
SacGFGirl Explorer
There are also in Downtown Sacramento:

Kru

Beach Hut Deli (lettuce wraps downtown sacramento)

Paesano's

Pronto

Thai Basil

Spaghetti Factory

PF Changs (already mentioned)

and a new market, Gluten Free Specialty at 2612 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95816 (next to Starbucks).

What can we have at Paesano's?

• 9 months later...
Sacto Bob Newbie

Just got onto the fact that Steve

Sacto Bob Newbie

Lemon Grass has Gluten Free Menu - 601 Munroe Avenue - Loehmann's Plaza - 486-4891

Takala Enthusiast

Just tried the Steve's Pizza last night on Howe Ave in Sacramento.

WOOT! Very Good ! It's a thin, crispy sort of gluten-free crust, and we tried the Mediteranean style toppings, with spinach, feta, a little bit of hot peppers, sliced tomatoes. It tasted wonderful. This place is not too far from the American River Parkway, Sac State, and Cal Expo, so it would be handy for people recreating and then wanting to grab a safe bite to eat.

A Friday Night Date with Spouse at a Regular Restaurant. Yee Haw, haven't done that in a long time.

Funny part was that we drove by a popular chain restaurant that I had gotten glutenned at on Christmas eve, badly, ordering off their gluten-free menu, so I've been a bit gun- shy about restaurant dining since then- I don't normally react strongly or quickly, and this was bad enough to knock me down the next day, and I still can't figure out what got me there after I had eaten at that chain, but not that location, sucessfully before- it was a very plain meal, and I can usually taste a goof up.

So this gives us another option when in Sac, which is great.

Yay Steve's Pizza !

• 2 weeks later...
SacGFGirl Explorer
Lemon Grass has Gluten Free Menu - 601 Munroe Avenue - Loehmann's Plaza - 486-4891

What kind of items do they have on the menu? A wide selection? Did you get sick at all or where they super careful? Please share whatever you can about your dining experience at Lemon Grass. Thanks

• 2 years later...
newbietlh Newbie

You MUST try Sugar Plum Vegan in midtown! They have some good salads made with pesto instead of salad dressing that are gluten-free. Plus, everything is vegan, if you also have dairy or egg allergies. BEST OF ALL, is their gluten-free bakery!! So good! No one would be able to tell it was gluten-free and vegan!

newbietlh Newbie

If you want gluten-free pizza, try 7 Sisters in Rancho Cordova. The owner's wife has Celiacs.

Archived