Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Keep Getting Sick

I woke up today, and my stomach kept having pains and i was like ughh, did i grab the wrong mayo when i made tuna last night. I have 4 jars in there, and i thought i had grabbed the right one with no crumbs. Then while i was sitting here i was thinking i felt the same way when i had potatoe salad last week.

So i did an search on all the ingredients to see what was making me sick, and i figured it out. Its the miracle whip, its not dairy free, i had remembered it was gluten free, so i kept using it.

What does eveyone else use for mayo?

I guess it is really true, I am casein intolerant.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use Hellman's canola mayo, which is soy, dairy, and gluten-free. I like it a lot! It does contain vinegar and eggs, but hopefully these ingredients don't both you.

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

I usually just make my own... as I need it.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

I usually just make my own... as I need it.

gfp,

If you'd be so kind - how do you make the mayo? I'm really suspicious of mayo from the store, and try to make everything else at home, but mayo ... that's a tough one.

Thanks,

kat

gfp,

If you'd be so kind - how do you make the mayo? I'm really suspicious of mayo from the store, and try to make everything else at home, but mayo ... that's a tough one.

Thanks,

kat

This is from The Vegetarian Epicure Book Two, by Anna Thomas. If you want a tofu-based mayo, let me know! :)

Along with the basic mayonnaise recipe here’s the way to do it in a blender or food processor, as well as a nearly basic variation – green mayonnaise, which is delicious on sandwiches, hard-cooked eggs, or cold cooked vegetables.

1 egg

I too, use Hellman's Canola Mayo, it taste the same as regular mayo and, the best part, it cost the same. They do not jack the price up just because it's different!!!!!

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!