This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Have A List Of Gf Menu Items At Chili's

Killarney

Killarney Apprentice

I emailed them and received this response. It's not a lot, but there are a few options there.

Bacon Burger with no bun, no dill pickles, no mayo

Baked Potato Soup

Chili's Filet Steak - no garlic toast

Chips - No Salsa

Chocolate Shake

Citrus Fire Chicken and Shrimp

Flamed-grilled Ribeye - no garlic toast

Salmon and Rice with Steamed Veggies with no ginger citrus sauce

Kid Burger and Fries - no bun

Margarita-grilled Chicken with no black beans or kettle beans

Mashed Potatoes

Mushroom Swiss Burger with no mayo, no dill pickles, no bun.

Old Timer Burger with or without Cheese with no mustard, no bun, no dill pickles.

Side of Saut

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

Thank you for sharing. I'm sure this will be helpful for many while eating out or traveling.

3boyzmom Newbie

Hey!

I'm glad you got a list. I e-mailed them a few months agao and they gave me a 'careful' response of: due to cross-contamination...we can't give you a list... blah-blah.

So, glad to see something a little more informative.

Thanks for posting!

Priscilla

lovegrov Collaborator

Bascially Chili's got so many calls about gluten-free items that they decided to look into it. This came out a couple of months ago.

richard

kaysol Rookie

I am confused about the salsa situation. Why is salsa a no-no at so many placed (chilis, wendys etc) anyone know?

Stephanie

lovegrov Collaborator

My guess is this is based on the outdated paranoia over distilled vinegar, at least in the ones that use vinegar.

richard

kabowman Explorer

Also, I noticed that Fajita's were not on the list but I ate a steak fajita last week, with guac and lettuce, no milk products and w/o the wraps and had NO problems.

Also, for those of us with corn intollerance too, they appear to be the only chain resturant (so far) that makes margaritas w/o corn syrup (their presidente-sp).

-Kate

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hthorvald Rookie

This is great, we love Chili's, but is anyone concerned about how these foods are prepared? I always worry that they are cooked on the same grill where a hamburger bun was just toasted, or the like.

If I'm being overly paranoid, please say so. Being somewhat new to this, I seem to be eliminating eating out instead of going for it. Anyone have guidelines for eating out?

H.

lovegrov Collaborator

Kate,

Maybe Chili's is different but every other place I've ever been to fajitas are without exception made with flour tortillas, not corn. I think you'd better double check that.

richard

kabowman Explorer

No, this is the same, I just don't use the tortillias - I eat just the meat and veggies with the toppings on the dedicated skillet. I do NOT use the tortillias, even if they bring them, I have them take them away.

-Kate

astyanax Rookie

i would think of everything on there the soup would present like no risk of cross contamination risk right??

kaysol Rookie

My only guess on the fajitas is that they may have gluten in whatever they are marinated in. My cousin makes fajitas that (pre-diagnosis) used to make me really sick - they are marinated in soy sauce. Maybe contact them and see if the marinade is safe -otherwise what a great dinner that would be (you could even bring corn tortillas)

Stephanie

hapi2bgf Contributor

Thanks for the list. I took it to my local Chilis and spoke with the manager who was very knowledgable due to a family member being a celiac. We agreed that all of the items on the list would be safe EXCEPT for the Fries (not dedicated fryer), Baked Potato soup, and Citrus Fire Chicken and Shrimp.

They apparently orders several different cuts of chicken and the "random" chicken is the only one that is safe for celiacs. The other chicken comes in some kind of a broth/seasoning.

You may want to check this information with your local Chili's.

Archived