Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abigail

Traveling To Argentina

hi evrybody! I want to share my experience with you...

I

Abigail, mom of Brian (36 months and Celiac since oct 2006), and Alan (9 month and Didnt try any gluten yet...)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

I had some great bread in Argentina and it was made with a flour which starts with an "M". Would you know that the name of that flour is? :blink: :blink: :blink:

I

Hi Abi,

Is this Buenos Aires? One of my stepdaughters is there now. She's a foreign exchange student spending her last semester of her Masters from the University of Texas.

I'd like some more info please. She's not Celiac, but if it's close, I'm going to ask her to check it out for me. Maybe take some pictures. Thanks.

best regards, lm

yes, this place is in Buenos Aires. Near "Primera Junta", (she can go there by subway or many buses) and there is lot of choices on that place (dietetica (diet place) in rojas 12).

Im telling you, I even carry lot of things in my luggage when I came back (like cake mixes, bread and pizza mixes, cookies, cereal bars, etc) and the prices are also great!

Abi

Abigail, mom of Brian (36 months and Celiac since oct 2006), and Alan (9 month and Didnt try any gluten yet...)

I had some great bread in Argentina and it was made with a flour which starts with an "M". Would you know that the name of that flour is? :blink: :blink: :blink:

I thing it should be MAIZ flour, which means corn flour.!!

Abi