This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gliadin Igg, Iga Ref Range On A Gluten Free Diet

Adaruth

Adaruth Newbie

I have had a slow brain wave abnormal result a few years ago after suffereing many headaches and generally I was always fatigued. Then about a year ago I began having indigesting, distention, bloating, severe back and adominal pain. Not long after neuropaty began in hands and feet. Tingling on my back and face, my one foot felt like someone slammed me with a hammer on the sole.

All I know is this. An epstein Barr Virus IGg and Igm come out abnormal all the time since 2001. No answer to this.

Low petide C flaged.

An A gliadin IGA that read 22.7 and IGG at 1.0 (1116) The referance on this was <=25.0

ENDOMYSIAL AB 1116 Negative F

RECTICULAN 1116 Negative F

This test was done while I have been on a gluten free with tiny bits of it getting through for almost three months.

(The pain lessoned and I no longer needed my cruthces or wheelchair.) Then I wanted confirmation and requested this test. The docs office said I was all neg. That's it. So I sarted to ingest gluten again. The pain is bad and begining to worsen. My fatigue is so bad I am almost hosue bound. I am in a brain fog. My stomach is distended again and the reflux is back. So is the back pain and the joint pains at times. This makes me very sad. All I want is to get better and know for sure what is causing it. The doc said I would be losing weight if I had celiac disease and have diarreha. I like to eat even if I am not well, and I have constipation.

I have given up on the doctors helping me where I live, so I pray to God someone can help. At times my adominal pain is so bad I must go to bed and hope I can lay down and sometimes the bowels get lazy. Then I go to the hospital. This happpens about once a year. I get shot up with muscle relaxes, pain killers and anti inflamtory. From a past hysterectomy it is known that I have massive amounts of scarr tissue and some glueing my intestines to other things.

I don't want surgery, just a doctor who won't give up on me and get down to the root of these pains. I felt it may be this gluten and I still do. I should have been giving some time to ingest gluten before taking the test.

Oh Please, forgive me for this pouring out but I am without a good doctor here in Wichita falls, Texas.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I am so sorry you are going through all this. You've come to good place for help.

First off if you had been gluten free for 3 months that could have given a false negative, also many of us do not show up on blood tests.

You felt better gluten free, get yourself back on the diet. Dietary response is really the most definative test.

Something else you could do is go through Enterolabs, you do not have to be eating gluten when they test and many doctors are starting to recognize these tests as valid.

You sound much like me in the earlier stages, and you do not have to have D or be underweight to be gluten intolerant.

I hope you continue with the diet, it has clearly been helping you.

Adaruth Newbie

Thank you for responding. I have no one to talk to and I am nuts about it. I thought a definitive answer would be good. What never damage remains with you? It does run in families I take it. I wondered that.

Do you think my IGA being 22.7 when 25 is positive a sign that I am, esp. when I was gluten free almost for three months?

I am lactose intolerant. This is what brought me to founding out about gluten. I thought I had gotton to the point that Lactaid Milk wasn''t working either so I switched to goats, but I was exerpering too much pain.

I hope you and your family stay well, thank you for writing me!

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I had very advanced nervous system damage. My nervous system and skin were clearly effected by celiac from childhood and my negative blood work delayed my diagnosis until I was 45 and cane dependant for movement. I was also experiencing really scary memory losses when finally diagnosed.

I still have ataxia, which is problems with balance, but it is much less severe, and I still have some residual problems with incontinence. Many of my neuro related problems have resolved though, I have reflexes again in my legs, I don't drag my right leg anymore, my hands function normally and I no longer have 'pins and needles' sensations in my hands, arms, legs and feet. I also no longer have seizures or migraines.

I would say the fact that you had significant improvement when on a trial gluten free diet is a real good indicator. I would go much more by that than by blood test results. I was never told to try the diet until my children and I had been permanently damaged by celiac. Once they diagnosed me they tested them and they showed up positive. This means they also got a gene from their Dads. One was from Spain, one Scotch Irish. My point being that gluten intolerance is very common amongst lots of different people. Testing for it, as my GI doctor said today, is woefully inadaquate. It just can't pick all of us up. If you saw improvement gluten-free let your body guide you.

You may at first also need to cut out dairy products. The part of your intestine that helps to digest dairy is damaged by the celiac. After you have been gluten-free or a bit you may be able to eat it again.

I really hope you have found the answer to your problems, it sounds like you might have. While I would not wish celiac on anyone to be able to have a 'cure' for so much pain is well worth the major adjustment we have to go through with foods, makeup, soaps, shampoos and all.

Archived