Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2kids4me

Results - Finally On Dd

Ok, for those that don't know me, Kathryn has had rough year with being sick off and on, finding bilirubin and urobilinogen in her urine. Blood work, referrals and waiting for the referrals and then "pending lab results". Pediatrician going away in midst (on leave) of this..

We FINALLY got results from her ENA profile and that was NEGATIVE :) so she does not have any other autoimmune illness happening ( other than the hypothyroidism and celiac!), plus her liver is just fine. GI says she has Gilberts syndrome - a benign condition in which her body gets rid of bilirubin in the urine when she is sick for whatever reason, some quirk she was born with and it does not cause any problems...just worries mom is all :rolleyes:

Because of her ongoing problem of rashes, felling crappy and headaches, he suggested we see a rheumatologist - it seems to him to be an inflammatory condition of some kind since it responds to advil . He suggested in the mean time, to give her low dose aspirin, and see if that prevents symptoms altogether.

Just to make life interesting - my doggie was having a play date with her big labrador friend and they crashed into me while running with each other and I tore my medial knee ligament, now hobbling around witha knee brace for 6 weeks. :o

So, happy to report that no new autoimmune stuff- YIPEE

Sandy

Sandy

Type 1 diabetes - 1986

hypothyroid -1993

pernicious anemia

premature atrial beats

neuropathy

retinopathy

daughter is: age 15

central hypotonia and developmental delay

balance issues (rides an adult 3 wheel bike)

hypothyroid 1996

dermatographia - a form of angioedema 2002

celiac 2004 - by endoscopy

diagnosed Aspergers at age 7 - responded very well (HUGE difference) to gluten-free diet

recovered from Kawasaki (2003)

lactose intolerant - figured out in Oct/06

Gilberts syndrome (April/07)

allergy to stinging insects

scoliosis Jan 2008

nightshade intolerance - figured out April 2008

allergy to Sulfa antibiotics

son is 13

type 1 diabetic - 2003 diagnosed on his 9th birthday

celiac - 2004 by endoscopy

lactose intolerant - figured out Nov/06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sandy,

That's such good news about Kathryn! Wow--you can finally breathe a sigh of refief :)

Now, you take care of that knee....

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

My husband, the non-celiac in our family, has Gilberts.

I tried to find a link between celiac and Gilberts last year when we discovered that at least 2/3 of our children are celiac. There is celiac disease on my side of the family for sure, but I suspect it could be on my husband's side also. So far, he and his mom have tested negative.

Suzie

London, ON, Canada

celiac disease diagnosed by pos tTG March 2006 and pos biopsy June 2006