Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dally099

Ugh Day 3 Gluten Challenge

:blink: ugh so im into day 3 now, and my stomach hearts, have this headache thing that comes and goes usually after i eat, havent had D yet but when i do go its that lovely smelly floaty stuff again, but the worst part that drives me the most nuts is the sense of tired!and the brain fog oh my!i feel stupid for the most part, and soooooooo tired, it hits within an hour of eating. also that zitty itchy rash is back on my legs again. oh i will be glad when this is done, i got my bread mix from red mill so im excited to give that a try!

Nadine

mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)

all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006

G.F. since Feb 2007

Soy free since April 2007

Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:

Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302

HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502

HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene

nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oh, I am so sorry! I'm thinking of showing this to my DH...you are describing how I feel when I have gluten. I'm only 4-5 weeks into starting the gluten-free diet, and I'm still learning (and reacting to a few things). But I felt this way for years without understanding why. I kept buying the line that all moms (of three kids) feel tired...well, now I know that people who said that had no idea how tired I really felt. It was NOT normal. Comments like that kept me from looking for help, really.

How long do you have to do your challenge? Good luck! I'm afraid my GI will ask me to do a challenge. I went gluten-free after a positive blood test. The GI appointment is still a couple of weeks away, and I can't start back on gluten now since I'm nursing a baby who also seems sensitive to gluten (bleeding eczema sensitive, and it's clearing more each week that I'm off the stuff). If he wants a challenge, it's going to have to wait until this summer.

Sorry you're feeling so poorly. I hope you accomplish your objective (presumably a formal diagnosis).

April

You poor thing! I hope it's over soon!

i see my doc at the end of the month, he wanted me to go off gluten/wheat for 2 months and then try again for a couple of weeks and see how i feel. my blood work was negetive (after 2 weeks of being on the diet) he is curios to see if its a wheat allergy or accuall celiacs, ive had some hot flashes and now im feeling more constipated then anything, im about to eat my breakfast, cornflakes so we'll se how that goes. yes i blame being tired and stupid on having 4 kids to hang out with all day! :lol:

Nadine

mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)

G.F. since Feb 2007

entrolab results:

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302

HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502

HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

Be careful, keep well hydrated and if at any time you feel really sick, call your doctor right away.

I am particularly sensitive and ended up in the ER day 5 of mine.

Quod me nutrit, me destruit

Be careful, keep well hydrated and if at any time you feel really sick, call your doctor right away.

I am particularly sensitive and ended up in the ER day 5 of mine.

well im wondering about the lag time for some people, im on day 3 and not feeling as awful as i had thought i would, i was very sick until feb when i cut the gluten out, what is the lag time for some people, im wondering now if its not celiac's just some senstitivities, and the fact that soy is in everything is not helping, im avoiding soy as best i can for the challenge. how long has it taken for some people to get sick again i was only gluten-free for 2 months? thanks.

Nadine

G.F. since Feb 2007

entrolab results:

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302

HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502

HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

well im wondering about the lag time for some people, im on day 3 and not feeling as awful as i had thought i would, i was very sick until feb when i cut the gluten out, what is the lag time for some people, im wondering now if its not celiac's just some senstitivities, and the fact that soy is in everything is not helping, im avoiding soy as best i can for the challenge. how long has it taken for some people to get sick again i was only gluten-free for 2 months? thanks.

For me when I did the Dr assisted elimination diet it took 4 days for the D to set in. He told me when we started that I should only add a food every 5 days. He said when the problem is an intolerance it can take up to 5 days for the reaction to hit the gut.

It does sound like you are definately reacting though. Remember that it is not just a 'gut' disease, it also effects the rest of the body. The antibodies are in the bloodstream and effecting the brain and even for some of us the joints muscles and other organs.

Do call your doctor and let him know what is going on.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)