Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam's Mom

Mysterious Gluten

Hi!

I am still on my quest to find the source of my daughter's high tTg number (86 after a year gluten-free). :ph34r: I have made a very extensive list of every food and non food item that she comes into contact with and have researched made calls and tried to varify any that I can. One point that has been very hard for us is that we are also a bit into what some might call health food (i.e. prefer organics, try to avoid hydrogenated fats and MSG, nitrates, food coloring, hormones, etc.). So I am finding the idea of switching to more mainstream brands very difficut.

The items that I have recently eliminated are:

All Whole Foods 365 organics brand beans, canned goods, snacks (popcorn, etc) and peanut butter & jelly.

I'm trying to swtich to brands like Smuckers and Eden. But I just couldn't bring my self to buy the taco shells with the partially hydrogentated fat.

So, does anyone have a feeling/experience with Bearitos brand (a Hain Celestial Co). Taco shells, tostada shells, seasoning packets, refried beans. The CO. says that they all have gluten free ingredients and they would clearly label any gluten ingredient but they are not run on a dedicated line or facility.

Also, anyone with opinions on Ian's gluten free chicken nuggets and/or light life tofu pups would be helpful.

Any healthy brand substitions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

barb

Daughter, Camryn diagnosed with diabetes 3/06

diagnosed with celiac (blood test and biosy confirmed) 5/06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Ian's nuggets are pretty good. They have changed the flavor since the first tme I had them, it was for the better. I have Bell and Evans Chicken Nuggets in my area so I no longer buy them. They were pretty good.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif