Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweetfudge

Candy, Just A General List

The girls at work always bring something to snack on, and I get so tired of refusing their treats. I'd love a list of all the candy and munchies out there that are gluten-free so I can join in :D

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

First, you can do a search of this forum for candy, instead of making a new thread like you did.

The list I have is 12 pages long...you can find it at sillyyak.com or something like that.

For Easter, you can have most Cadbury treats, Jelly Belly Jellybeans, Marshmallow Peeps.

In general, you have to be cautious of mini sizes of any candy- often different recipes.

You can have lots of Hershey's candy, Ghirardelli chocolate, too.

YOu can have 3 Muskateers, Snickers, M&Ms, Baby Ruth, Butterfinger, and lots of Willie Wonka candy.

NO LICORICE as far as I know.

You can have Reese's PB Cups, and Charleston Chew. You can have some gummy candies, I forgot the brand.

So, look up the list and ENJOY!

Gluten Free since November 2005

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.." ---Ed Polish

The list is actually on a yahoo group called Silly Yaks. It is a wonderful list. I printed it out and sent it to my son's teacher. She likes to bring in treats/prizes for the kids and she can now go off of the list.

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times

Still eating gluten for now.

First, you can do a search of this forum for candy, instead of making a new thread like you did.

The list I have is 12 pages long...you can find it at sillyyak.com or something like that.

For Easter, you can have most Cadbury treats, Jelly Belly Jellybeans, Marshmallow Peeps.

In general, you have to be cautious of mini sizes of any candy- often different recipes.

You can have lots of Hershey's candy, Ghirardelli chocolate, too.

YOu can have 3 Muskateers, Snickers, M&Ms, Baby Ruth, Butterfinger, and lots of Willie Wonka candy.

NO LICORICE as far as I know.

You can have Reese's PB Cups, and Charleston Chew. You can have some gummy candies, I forgot the brand.

So, look up the list and ENJOY!

I know of two kinds of licorice that are gluten-free. Running Rabbit is one and it actually has the licorice flavor even in the cherry and raspberry flavors. I can get it at one of the local grocery stores. One that I've ordered online is Candy Tree Organic. It's fruit flavored and more like Twizzlers.

Hey,

THanks!!

I gotta try that licorice!! Sounds silly, but Twizzlers and Nibs used to be my favorite!

Gluten Free since November 2005

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.." ---Ed Polish