Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerri Ward

Constantly Getting Colds

My brother was diagnosed with Celiac Disease a month prior to me. He was diagnosed in Oct. 2005. He seems to get colds and coughs all of the time. I was wondering if ths could be related to Celiac. If his immune system is lowered. He got them before he was diagnosed with Celiac, but he has no way of knowing how long he has had Celiac. He is 45 yrs. old. If this is the case, does anyone have any suggestions as to how he could build up his immune system? He really suffers alot. Thank you.

Jerri

Celiac Diseac

Sjogren's Syndrome

Hypothyroidism

HypoParathyroidism

Hashismoto's Thyroiditis

Fibromyalgia

Raynauds Syndrome

Migraines

Major Depression

Bipolar Disordor

Neurogenic Bldder

Pudendal Neuralgia

Chronic Insomnia

Ostopenia

Osteoarthritis

Vitamin D Deficiency

B12 Defiency Defiency

Iron Defiency

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, I think not absorbing the vitamins and minerals you need could be a lot of the issue. Vit. D3 (oily cholecalciferol only!) is essential if you're low. If he can get out in strong sunlight every day, even better. You can get tested to check your levels too. vitamindcouncil.com is a great web site.

So making sure his intestines heal and he gets plenty of minerals and vitamins from eating whole, healthy food like vegetables, fruits and meats. Back it up with supplements if needed.

Even after I went gluten free, I still had chronic sinus congestion, colds which usually turned into sinus infections and couldn't smell most things. Then I learned I had CASEIN (dairy) allergy. After I abstained from all dairy products I could BREATHE all the time, seldom have a runny nose, never have congestion even with my rare colds, and only get burning eyes and runny nose with spring pollen reactions. I NEVER get sinus infections anymore. If someone has chronic sinus problems, I'd suggest cutting out dairy for awhile.

BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.