Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aizlynn

What Are You Making For Easter Breakfast?

Happy Easter!

Well this year we are opting to eat at home instead of out (thanks to my family understanding gluten-free)

So what is everyone making??? My mom just realized the ham she bought at Safeway has wheat starch (she was upset for me)

So any ideas for a scrumptious breakfast? I would love to make a quiche but don't have a crust recipie for it??? any ideas?

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, you can make omlets! Have different things to put in them, green peppers, cheese, bacon....etc

Fresh Fruit.

gluten-free pancakes with different toppings.

I hope other people have some ideas. I am not a breakfast person.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Kinnkinnick pancakes with berries and powdered sugar. Make them to look like easter eggs. One year I put them on top of dyed green coconut shreds, but my children said it looked so great, but the coconut messed with the over all texture. Still... Maybe this year I will lay them on my large serving platter on top of the coconut shreds so that way they do not have the "grass" on their plates.. that's what I'll do.

I'm editing because when I read through- it wasn't clear to me... I don't put the berries in the pancake batter... I sprinkle the pancakes with white powdered sugar and place blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and any other interesting berries I may find, on top. That is more clear.

The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

This is an easy quiche recipe that my kids LOVE. I love it cause it's easy to make. Not sure how to adapt it for a casein intolerance.

This quiche makes it own crust while it bakes!

Magic quiche (adapted from a gluten recipe)

1/2 lb cooked crumbled bacon OR cooked ham chopped up

1 cup shredded cheese (swiss or mozzerella)

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

1 can (7 oz) corn, drained

4 eggs

salt and pepper to taste

1/8 tsp nutmeg (optional)

1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour + 1 tsp baking powder + pinch of salt

2 cups milk

Heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 or 10 in quiche pan ( I find I need a bigger pan) . Combine bacon, cheese, onion and corn: spread in prepared pan. Place remaining ingredients in blender, blend at high speed for 1 minute. Pour over bacon mixture.

Bake at 350 F for 50 - 55 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Sandy

Sandy

Type 1 diabetes - 1986

hypothyroid -1993

pernicious anemia

premature atrial beats

neuropathy

retinopathy

daughter is: age 15

central hypotonia and developmental delay

balance issues (rides an adult 3 wheel bike)

hypothyroid 1996

dermatographia - a form of angioedema 2002

celiac 2004 - by endoscopy

diagnosed Aspergers at age 7 - responded very well (HUGE difference) to gluten-free diet

recovered from Kawasaki (2003)

lactose intolerant - figured out in Oct/06

Gilberts syndrome (April/07)

allergy to stinging insects

scoliosis Jan 2008

nightshade intolerance - figured out April 2008

allergy to Sulfa antibiotics

son is 13

type 1 diabetic - 2003 diagnosed on his 9th birthday

celiac - 2004 by endoscopy

lactose intolerant - figured out Nov/06

We're having the sausage roll that Nikki UK posted for Christmas. Rich and delicious! That will tide us over until our big dinner in the mid-afternoon.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

We're having the sausage roll that Nikki UK posted for Christmas. Rich and delicious! That will tide us over until our big dinner in the mid-afternoon.

were is that recipe, it sounds like something i would love to make

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

were is that recipe, it sounds like something i would love to make

paula

See if this link to the thread works.

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry248414

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

I'm making blueberry pancakes with pure maple syrup and bacon.

I use The Gluten Free Pantry Pancake mix and use vanilla almond milk. They are honestly the best pancakes I've ever had! My husband loves them, too.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Diced potato, green pepper, red pepper, and onion fried in a small amount of oil until soft. Add lots of egg and cook over medium heat while stirring constantly. YUM! Serve with ketchup.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004