Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wowzer

Black Jelly Beans

It's Easter and I always look forward to the black jelly beans. I was wondering if anyone knows of any gluten free ones?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Jelly Bellies last I checked were gluten-free. I think there is one flavor that was mentioned that wasn't but don't remember which it was so I would suggest emailing them to verify for sure. There is one brand that is gluten-free, CF, SF and kosher that I get all the time but my recent glutening has blown the name out of my brain. I will post it later after I check.

It was Gimbels, hope I spelled it right. I get them at Walmart, the ones my local Walmart have contain that 'produced in a facility that uses wheat....etc, so I go for the Gimbels just to be on the safe side.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Jelly Belly jelly beans are all gluten free now. Here's the statement from their website:

Yes they are. We do not use any wheat, rye, barley, or oats in the recipe for Jelly Belly jelly beans. The modified food starch used in the manufacture of our jelly bean candies is cornstarch.

Wal-mart's GV brand of jelly beans are gluten free as well.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Hi wowzer, Happy Easter!

Ya' know, UMaine is kind of notorious for black jelly beans because of a thread on our local listserve with said subject that went on for years and up to about as many posts as the coping with thread has. The subject came to be a catch-all for any topic. Are you an alum of UMaine by any chance?

Just wondering,

Margaret :)

Thank you for your help on the jelly beans. Sorry I'm not an alum from Maine. Wendy Happy Easter

Thank you for your help on the jelly beans. Sorry I'm not an alum from Maine. Wendy Happy Easter

Aw, don't be sorry about the UMaine thing, but thanks for the anthropological data anyway. And keep on keeping on with those Jelly Bellies. Goodness, there. :)

Blech, licorice. :wacko:

I don't know about the others, but - as mentioned - jelly bellies are gluten-free.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

I guess you either love or hate the taste of black licorice. I always look forward to the black jelly beans every Easter. So far I've only found gluten ones. I'll just have to get those Jelly Bellies to take care of the craving!