Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I live in a small town and im so excited, hubby went shopping today and called me from the store and was like honey there are tons of gluten free mixes here. I was like no way. So he brought me home a mix for gluten free and dairy free brownies. I am going shopping this week and checking this out. Its the red mill products, but this is will be so nice since the health food store is so high for these items. Now i can just shop at a regular store.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Things are changing. A year and a half ago, I could not find any gluten free baking products.

We need to continue to write manufacturers requesting their gluten free products, or inquiring if they are. I think they are listening. :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Things have come a long way since I went gluten free and that was only 3 years ago. I noticed more options and some foods were even tastier. I noticed local grocery stores starting to carry little things. Even if they are items I don't buy at least I have options.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

The A&P I shop in is now carrying the Gluten Free Pantry mixes, the Mi-Del cookies, and Bob's Red Mill mixes as well. At first they weren't carrying the Mi-Del animal crackers so I called and asked them if by any chance they were planning on it. They said that they weren't sure how much and of what they would be selling until they saw how well it sold. So I would say the key is to get the word out that the A&P is selling gluten free food because I only saw it by chance, I wasn't looking for it as I have always had to shop in the health food stores.

Nicole