Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mtndog

10 Good Things About Celiac

Guest Happynwgal2
Giving my dog a piece of gluten free bread and watching him literally spit it 5 feet across the room...priceless B)

:lol::lol:

Oh, my goodness - I needed that laugh tonight! I can just see your dog...

Wonder what my two dogs would do...? Hm... B):D:blink:

Guest Happynwgal2
10) I now have a valid excuse to avoid going out to eat with the in-laws for every stupid birthday in the extended family.

9) ditto

8) ditto

7) ditto

6) ditto

5) ditto

4) ditto

3) ditto

2) ditto

1) Have I mentioned how I now have a valid excuse to avoid going out to eat with the in-laws for every stupid birthday!!?? B)

:P:D I am facing a family dinner cruise in May... Will bring my own condiments so I at least can have some salad... I will call ahead and ask if they have anything gluten free. If any of you are from Portland, Oregon: I am going on the Portland Spirit, and am not sure how their food will fit into my gluten free lifestyle. I expect it probably won't, but I am looking forward to a couple of hours on the Willamette river, so unless I get glutened in spite of my precautions, it will be a nice evening.

I am healthier at 39 than I was at 19.

Celiac is the reason my ex filed for divorce and I am so glad she is out of my life.

Celiac is the reason my girlfriend came into my life.

Celiac women are hotter than non-celiac women.

If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?

Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.

Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

Giving my dog a piece of gluten free bread and watching him literally spit it 5 feet across the room...priceless B)

:lol::lol: !!

Reading all these great things gives me hope, but I must say that it also makes me a little depressed bc I still feel like crap all the time. I have only been on the gluten free diet for almost 2 weeks so I know I have a long way to go, I just hope it will be like everyone says "you'll feel like a new person" bc then I have a lot to look forward to. Thanks for the hope guys and gals!

HANG IN THERE! It really does get better - I still have good days and sometimes not so good - but it's getting better every day!