Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lyn10705

Glutened By Meds?

Hi! I've been watching this site & reading the forums ever since I was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago. I've found some great advice & suggestions, & thought I had a pretty good handle on this. I also have a sister & a niece with this disease, so when I started having symptoms, I was diagnosed pretty easily. I've been on the same meds for years, & haven't had any problems, but I recently came back fom a trip & my luggage was lost with my Prevacid in it (capsules).The last time I renewed it (mail-in) I was sent fast melt tablets. I took these until my bag was found, then went back to my capsules. All week I was sick even though I was extremely careful. I realized it could be the meds, & went back to the fast melts. I seem to be feeling a little better. Does any one know if there is gluten in the capsule type meds? :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Lyn - Welcome - According to glutenfreedrugs.com all forms of Prevacid are gluten free. You probably should contact the manufacturer to make sure that there have been no changes.

Cindy

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease April 2005

Diabetic