Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne AMP

Leaky Gut/ Candida

My doctor says I have leaky gut, celiac disease and Candida and has put me on Nystatin, digestive enzymes and probiotics. I am down to 94lbs and can't eat corn, rice, soy, beans, dairy and wheat. I continue to loose weight. Any food suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Is he SURE you have Candida and if so is he SURE he should put you on something like that so soon? Make sure your liver enzymes are checked monthly while you're on this med. I'm sure others will have other advice...hang in there.

Is he SURE you have Candida and if so is he SURE he should put you on something like that so soon? Make sure your liver enzymes are checked monthly while you're on this med. I'm sure others will have other advice...hang in there.

Nystatin is benign. http://askwaltstollmd.com/archives/liver/4408.html

There are other prescriptions for candida that are harder on your system, but Nystatin is safe.

I would recommend also avoiding sugar and simple carbohydrates. Focus on protein and veggies. Brown rice is good. Use oils, especially coconut oil which is a natural antifungal, to add calories. As you heal, you will absorb more and gain weight.

Be strict with the no sugar. No alcohol, too.

My doctor says I have leaky gut, celiac disease and Candida and has put me on Nystatin, digestive enzymes and probiotics. I am down to 94lbs and can't eat corn, rice, soy, beans, dairy and wheat. I continue to loose weight. Any food suggestion are greatly appreciated.

I initially thought my problem was due to candida infestation. When I first got stomach problems I reasearched everything from stomach ulsers to diverticular disease. The funny thing is that my doctor and a couple more do not look at candida as a medical "problem". The only people who i have spoken to who helped me with following a candida free diet were heath store .

To me the symtoms of candida and Celiac disease look very similar. I am following a diet for both of these. I am also on Proboitics and it makes me feel great when I take it for a week or so.

HI I'M NEW TO THIS CHAT STUFF. I HAVE SO MANY FOOD,CHEMICAL,ENVIRONMENTAL ALLERGIES, LOTS OF EMOTIONAL STUFF GOING ON TOO. I AM SEEING A DOC ON TUES.

I HAVE FOUND THAT BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES ARE GOOD . MILLET AND QUINOA PREPARED LIKE COOKED CEREAL

WITH ALITTLE BERRIES IS ALSO YUMMI. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO ADD ALITTLE COCONUT OIL. I AM ABLE TO EAT GOAT YOGURT ITS WONDERFUL AND ALITTLE REAL BUTTER. FRESH MADE VEGETBLE JUICES HELP GIVE THE BODY LIVE ENZYMES, THAT ARE SO DESPERATELY NEEDED IN LARGE AMOUNTS TO SPEED RECOVERY. I SOMETIMES PUT THE JUICE FROM THE JUICER IN THE BLENDER AND ADD A FRESH KALE LEAF AND SPINACH FOR FIBER AND SET IT TO

LIQUIFY. THIS JUICE MAY NOT SOUND VERY APPETIZING BUT IT IS MY MEDICINE. IT HELPS ME START TO FEEL BETTER WITHIN A FEW DAYS TO A WEEK.

I GOT SO HEALTHY DOING THIS AND MORE 10 YEARS AGO, AFTER BECOMING SO ILL I WAS UNABLE TO WALK.

BUT I FELL BACK IN TO THE OLD WAYS OF DRINKING COFFEE AND WINE OCCATIONALLY, EATING CHOCOLATE AND

BREAD AND TORTILLAS, COW DAIRY, TO MUCH RESTAURANT DINING AND NOT ENOUGH HOME COOKED FOOD.

THE FOODS THAT MANY PEOPLE CAN LIVE OFF OF POISON US.

I JUST WANT TO GET OVER THE LACK AND GET HEALTHY AGAIN.

Guest mjhere

I am new to this to, but it sure seems nice to hear familar words, that no one else knows what you are talking about. When I was younger, I almost prided myself that I could take anything, wasnt allergic to nothing..... well I am 69 Diagnosed with celiac 4 years ago, I cant have nothing hardly. In fact Im on a liquid diet because my digestive system doesnt digest my food. I will be thinking of you tho. and hopeing things start comeing together. SORRY, but does leaky gut mean diahrea? I have had that a few times, and Ive been freaking. BYE :unsure:

Guest mjhere

I am on a liquid diet, I had lst 50= LBS and now am on 4 yogurt a day 4-6 glasses of carnation breakfast with protein power and I have maintained my weight. THe dietition had wanted me on boost nutrit. drink, but there was something in it that really bloated me/ might give it a try ggggggggooooood Luch

Leaky gut does not equal diahrea. It is a condition where the lining of the diegestive tract leaks food particles and toxins directly into the blood stream. The body then reacts with an alergic reaction and can be as severe as anaphalexis.