Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

Office/work Places Glutenings!

How many of us get sick and we know we didn't gluten ourselves. Well today I noticed one of my coworkers come over to our little "kitchenette." It is a mini-fridge with a microwave on top. No counter space or anything.

Well, I see her digging around in the fridge. I notice her sandwich sitting on my absent coworkers desk, just laying there not wrapped, no plate, sitting on the bare desk....Why any one would put their food on a desk which has so many germs is nasty to begin with. I even called her on it, and explained that she shouldn't be placing her food on anyone's desk but her own. She thought it was funny.

So how am to know it doesn't happen when I am gone?

So for all of you who are wondering where you are getting your glutenings from....here's to the coworkers. What do you guys think?

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Makes me glad I don't work in an office anymore... My house is gluten free. The only place I have to worry about is the garage because our employees eat out there. I'm very careful out there.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

I'm sure that it could easily happen. I don't even put my lunch in the fridge at work. But to lay a sandwich on a germy desk, YUCK! I work in a bank and we serve cookies and coffee to our customers. I get to work the lobby one day a week, so I'm sure the customers get me with their crumbs. The rest of the time I'm on the drive in so much safer.