Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Julie-uk-nz

What Happens Next?

Hi,

I'm not sure if i have DH or not, i might have to wait till i go back to the UK to find out for sure. I have itchy skin including scalp and a few itchy spots around my jawline which leave purple scars. Once you're confirmed as having DH what is usually the next step? Medication? I've been gluten-free since Aug 06 but i still make the odd mistakes so i'm not 100%, i'm hoping once i'm 100% these symtoms will lesson.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi,

I'm not sure if i have DH or not, i might have to wait till i go back to the UK to find out for sure. I have itchy skin including scalp and a few itchy spots around my jawline which leave purple scars. Once you're confirmed as having DH what is usually the next step? Medication? I've been gluten-free since Aug 06 but i still make the odd mistakes so i'm not 100%, i'm hoping once i'm 100% these symtoms will lesson.

The NZ doctors, IMHO, are exceedingly knowledgeable and up-to-date on celiac disease issues (at least compared to US doctors - I've been to many of both). I would suggest seeing if you could get one to do the iodine patch test (full details and references in my other post on this list). Or maybe they know a newer better test to use. I doubt you'll find better doctors anywhere. JMHO

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The best thing to do is talk to the pharmacist and if they can't help the next thing would be to try contacting the pharmaceutical company that makes them. 
    Depends on what type of enzymes, there are lots of different ones out there. 
    I would definitely keep her on gluten until fully tested if it's manageable. I know I react to gluten way more harshly now that I've been gluten-free for six years than I did before I was diagnosed.