Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Julie-uk-nz

What Happens Next?

Hi,

I'm not sure if i have DH or not, i might have to wait till i go back to the UK to find out for sure. I have itchy skin including scalp and a few itchy spots around my jawline which leave purple scars. Once you're confirmed as having DH what is usually the next step? Medication? I've been gluten-free since Aug 06 but i still make the odd mistakes so i'm not 100%, i'm hoping once i'm 100% these symtoms will lesson.

Hi,

I'm not sure if i have DH or not, i might have to wait till i go back to the UK to find out for sure. I have itchy skin including scalp and a few itchy spots around my jawline which leave purple scars. Once you're confirmed as having DH what is usually the next step? Medication? I've been gluten-free since Aug 06 but i still make the odd mistakes so i'm not 100%, i'm hoping once i'm 100% these symtoms will lesson.

The NZ doctors, IMHO, are exceedingly knowledgeable and up-to-date on celiac disease issues (at least compared to US doctors - I've been to many of both). I would suggest seeing if you could get one to do the iodine patch test (full details and references in my other post on this list). Or maybe they know a newer better test to use. I doubt you'll find better doctors anywhere. JMHO