Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoveBeingATwin

Careers Vs. Family Life

Here is why I am writing this post. I have always wanted to work in Law Enformcement. Went to school for it and did an internship and loved it. I have had experience in Parole and Probation and Corrections. My bigget thing is I want to try police work. I quit working in corrections almost five months ago because of an injury that I got on the job and while I had sooo much time of, workers comp, I decided that corrections was not for me. Now my injury, after surgery and physical therapy, is now better.

I am currently working at the family business and actually enjoy it but heres is where the frustration starts. I sometimes feel that I have wasted my education and that I could be challenging myself more in life. When I worked in Corrections, each day was different and I liked that. At my job now it's the same everyday. I would like to try getting into police work but I also would like a family. I am stuck because I know how physically demanding these jobs are, especially the academy. If I chose to go back than I would want to put off starting a family four a while, I'm talking 3-4yrs. with the job I have now, that is not an issue. I just don't want to regret not trying to persue an actual career that I once wanted and still want. I also don't know if I should wait that long to have kids either. Just wanted to vent and hopefully someone could help me out. I know that it ultimatley boils down to what I want to do but I would like some suggestions.

~KIMBERLY~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That's such a hard decision. I've always wanted a family young (DH and I TTC now and I'm 22). I would give up ANYTHING for a little one. But if you REALLY want to try this career..... Did you ever think of having kids sooner then switching careers?? Or you could try to find out how the corrections field handles pregnancies and stuff? Do they have policies specifically for that??

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance!!