This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Chattanooga/dayton, Tennessee

abbysmom

abbysmom Rookie

My husband is a youth minister and we are taking our youth group to a summer camp in June at Bryan College in Dayton, Tennessee. (Just outside of Chattanooga). I am looking for places to buy gluten-free food to keep at the college. They have been very helpful at the college at trying to accomodate me, but I would really like to find some frozen meals, or bread that I can have on hand just in case. I know that Chattanooga is much bigger than where I live, so I thought there had to be something!Thanks for the help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lauren's mom Newbie
My husband is a youth minister and we are taking our youth group to a summer camp in June at Bryan College in Dayton, Tennessee. (Just outside of Chattanooga). I am looking for places to buy gluten-free food to keep at the college. They have been very helpful at the college at trying to accomodate me, but I would really like to find some frozen meals, or bread that I can have on hand just in case. I know that Chattanooga is much bigger than where I live, so I thought there had to be something!Thanks for the help!

You're in luck! My daughter is in college in Tennessee...and just called me ECSTATIC because she finally found a place that has gluten-free breads, etc. She's just ordered her first gluten-free birthday cake. I THINK this is the place...

she didn't tell me the address - but I was looking for it online to order her some treats. :)

www.chattanoogagreatharvest.com

Good luck!

abbysmom Rookie
You're in luck! My daughter is in college in Tennessee...and just called me ECSTATIC because she finally found a place that has gluten-free breads, etc. She's just ordered her first gluten-free birthday cake. I THINK this is the place...

she didn't tell me the address - but I was looking for it online to order her some treats. :)

www.chattanoogagreatharvest.com

Good luck!

Thank you! I will definately check them out! Please let me know if she tries something and really likes it. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
GlutenFree4Me Newbie

Hey I live halfway between Chattanooga and Dayton and unfortunately there aren't too many "TRUE" gluten free products to be found there but I stumbled upon a really awesome place near the downtown area called A Bountiful Harvest. Not to be confussed with Great Harvest Bread Company which is also in Chattanooga. A Bountiful Harvest is probably where your daughter got her cake as they are the only place in Chattanooga who bakes wheat free, gluten free and sugar free cakes and cookies. I'd recommend you take a look at their website www.abountifulharvest.com and pick out your favorite choices before stopping in because they have such a HUGE selection of goodies it can be a bit overwhelming if your like me and have searched endlessly for all natural wheat, sugar and gluten free products. I usually have to order any cakes a few days in advance becuase they are always busy but they are some decent folks who have a dedicated bakery not contaminated by wheat or gluten. They always have loads of cookies ready to grab and go. Hope this helps ya'll. :DOpen Original Shared Link

• 1 month later...
ladyx Newbie

I just wanted to let you know that you can get a lot of Gluten free products at the Village Market in Collegedale Tennesee If you are on I-75 go north toward Knoxville take exit 11 the Ooltewah exit...turn right on Little Debbie Parkway go to the end and turn left (I think it is apison pike) go through one light. go to the stop sign and turn right past McKee Plant (Little Debbie) The Village Market is on the left. They have breads, pizza crusts, donuts, english muffins, ect in the frozen section. They also carry some of the Amy Gluten Free products and they have two diffent kind of Gluten free Hot Tamalies as well as Alexis gluten free fries. They have lots of gluten free pastas to choose from and they will give you a list if you ask of there gluten free products but you should check them all on the list because the list is really just wheat free stuff. They have alot of cereal and flours and even vinager free pickles and vinager free salsa for those that are sensitive to vinager. Also, Greenlife grocrey at 1100 Hixson Pike in Chattanooga, Tennessee carries all kinds of Gluten free foods as well and they have signs on there shelfs that tell what is gluten free so there is not as much reading of ingredients involved. They have Kind bars there they are gluten free snack bars kind of like granola bars and they have a couple kinds of the Sunshine burgers if you are a vegetarian. Also, they are pretty reasonable. The Great Hearvst Bead store is off the signal Mt exit and there bread is amazing. They make everything from Pecan bread that melts in your mouth to scones to muffins (not cheap but really good) They make there gluten free breads on Mondays and it goes fast but if you call in an order they will make it for you whenever you are going to be in town. Hope this helps.

ladyx Newbie

Here is a link to the great harvest bread stores gluten free page it has there phone and the gluten free breads for june

Open Original Shared Link

ladyx Newbie

Ada

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived