Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny you should ask. I was contemplating that same test for my son last week. I have Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon. They said that they would cover it like an out of network provider. (In my case they would pay 60%.) Any lab tests are considered major medical, so the annual deductible applies. You may want to double check. Call enterolab and get the CPT numbers for the tests. Then call Regence and give them the numbers, and they will tell you if they will cover.

Anything to do with Insurance typically is based on what your particular employer put in the contract. If you can get a Dr to say it's medically necessary then you have a better chance even if it's not "typically" covered in your plan. Look at your Summary plan description or call HR and someone shoudl be able to tell you. Good luck!

Does blue shield ppo cover enterolab. I want to order the panel A, but it's $369.

Hi there~

I have BlueCross BlueShield as well, and was thinking about getting the same test run from Enterolab. I was wondering how much insurance covered for the $369 test?