This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Adding Calories To Diet

holdthegluten

holdthegluten Rising Star

What are some good way to add calories to my diet without consuming huge amounts of food?

What are some good high calorie snacks, or supplements. What could i add to food to increase calories?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor
What are some good way to add calories to my diet without consuming huge amounts of food?

Can you expand the question?

lorka150 Collaborator

Calorie dense foods include nuts, seeds, nut butters, other good fats such as olive oil and so on, if you can have dairy, then a lot of dairy are a little higher in calories.

Why don't you post your 'normal' eating, and I can help you tweak it?

Also, if you have any other intolerances.

super-sally888 Contributor

Hi,

yes, post what you normally eat. Other energy and nutrient dense foods include:- fruit juices, dried fruits. Make sure you don't use low fat or low sugar versions of anything.

Despite needing calories, try to get most of your calories from nutrient dense foods.

Have a great weekend.

Sally

Archived