Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheri A

Anyone Buy A Crockpot Recently?

I need to replace my crockpot because the lid (plastic) is warped. It's 15 years old.

Has anyone bought one recently? I read reviews on Amazon for the new ones and they all say that they run really hot and burn things. Anyone tried a West Bend?

Hi Cheri :D ,

I've had my Rival 6 Quart Oval Smart Pot for about 5 years. I love it! It's big enough to make a good sized roast, turkey breast, etc.

I've never had a problem with burning....the lid is glass, and the whole thing still looks like new.

I got mine at Sears, at the time I think it was around $40.

I also have a Rival Crockpot. Mine has three(instead of the normal two) settings - Low, High, Warm. I have never had any problems with it.

I have a rival also. I bought it at costco 2 years ago. It is HUGE, and has 2 inner stoneware pans, one is divided. It has a glass lid. I have never had any problems with it, I love it.

I have a rival also. I bought it at costco 2 years ago. It is HUGE, and has 2 inner stoneware pans, one is divided. It has a glass lid. I have never had any problems with it, I love it.

Yay! Rival! Very good crockpot, helper for those with time management issues, delicious food maker! Yes, good brand.

lisa

I have the Rival 3 qt oval one. I like it, although I'd like the 6 qt for bigger parties, etc. It's nice and ALWAYS does a nice job. I got the one with a removable crock (do they even make the other kind anymore???). I LOVE that feature.

I too mourned the loss of a crockpot, especially after my first attempt at replacement burned EVERYTHING! Despite the bad reviews on so many crockpots, I got up the courage to try another one in the fall and ordered the Rival-64451LD-C-Cooker-Little-Dipper from Amazon for $40. It's awesome and can even go overnight without burning!!!