Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morning- bowl of Gorilla Munch and a hard boiled egg

Snack- some almonds while i drive and an apple

Lunch- 6oz chicken breast and half cup of mixed veggies

snack- Banana

Dinner- another piece of 6oz chicken, more veggies

After dinner 9:00pm i usualy have a bowl of cereal.

I always drink just water and occassionally a soda. Too much sugar kind of upsets my stomach.

This is not very many calories, and i work out and burn probably 400 cal at the gym.

What can i do to bump up my caloric intake??????????

Fruit on your cereal. More nuts during snack time. A little olive oil on you veggies. If you aren't dairy free, some full fat yogurt for a snack. Some black beans on your veggies.

snack- Banana

I always drink just water and occassionally a soda. Too much sugar kind of upsets my stomach.

This is not very many calories, and i work out and burn probably 400 cal at the gym.

I used Carnation Instant Breakfast Powder, check and make sure you know which ones are still gluten free as I haven't used it in a while. I know the chocolate malt at the ready to drink were not at the time I used it. I added a one double strength serving a couple times a day for an extra 1000 calories. If you are avoiding milk this would not work for you.

How about peanut butter on rice cakes? I was not a fan of rice cakes before going gluten-free, but I do eat them now with PB & strawberry preserves. I use the Lundberg Brand. If you don't like those, how about PB on your apple? Can you do dairy? I would add cheese to your chicken breast and maybe have a snack of cheese or cheese sticks (like string cheese). I second the Carnation Instant Breakfast..DS drinks the Rich Milk Chocolate powder in his milk every morning.

Good luck!

Definately increase your nut intake. Almonds and walnuts( unsalted) are the best.

Lara bars all have about 200 cals each and go good with fruit to complement a snack.

Mix some Enjoy Life Cranberry Crunch cereal in with yogurt.

Avacodos. If you know how to make guacamole, about a half cup with some gluten free crackers is about 300 easy calories.

Sherbert is a good low fat, high calorie substitute. You can also mix it with protein powder, fruit juice, and/or more fresh fruit for a high calorie, yet healthy shake.

And grapes are also a fairly high caloric fruit.

If you're already doing almonds, just doubling the amount will increase your caloric intake immensely...I have the opposite problem--I have to keep my weight from creeping up, and have such trouble limiting my nuts! They add up very quickly--especially almonds. Throw some raisins in with them. As was already said, grapes are a highish-calorie fruit. And they go great with nuts, as do sesame seeds, which are calorie-dense as well. Good luck!

snack- Banana

hi can you handle dairy and red meat? im a runner so i burn a lot of calories, i can handle dairy so i eat yogurt, cottage cheeze, full fat milk (my family is thrilled to have that in the house) im also using butter now instead of margerine. im a red meat eater not every day but a couple times a week, and i allways eat after i work out. go onto some of the websites that sell gluten-free food there is lots of snack stuff, as well as peanut butter can help. hope this helps, GOOD LUCK

I could donate some of the extra calories I ate today!

Hear, Hear! I'd love to be able to donate some of my daily calories to you...! :lol: