• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

BamBam

I've Started Watching The Food Network

Rate this topic

I used to think the food network was a no no to watch, but you know what it isn't that dangerous. Oh yes, some shows use mixes and store bought junk, but most of them cook with fresh meat, veggies and fruit. I really enjoy Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals. Last night I browned up some ground turkey, added onions, garlic and mushrooms, chicken stock, tomato sauce, smoked paprika, and a little bit of my dairy free sour cream, and it was delicious. Lots of flavor.

I have found with most recipes we already have things we can substitute with, if they are using pasta, then use your rice pasta, if they are using chicken stock, use your favorite gluten free brand of chicken stock. I bet I've copied 60 recipes recently.

The other things I found was that when Semi Homemade Comes On, we have a lot of the same type of mixes that she buys at her regular store. I will be able to make corn dogs by using a corn bread mix and follow her directions.

If you haven't watched, give it a try, I watch Rachel Ray and Emeril the most, but there are dozens of others all day and night long.

I used to think the food network was a no no to watch, but you know what it isn't that dangerous. Oh yes, some shows use mixes and store bought junk, but most of them cook with fresh meat, veggies and fruit. I really enjoy Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals. Last night I browned up some ground turkey, added onions, garlic and mushrooms, chicken stock, tomato sauce, smoked paprika, and a little bit of my dairy free sour cream, and it was delicious. Lots of flavor.

I have found with most recipes we already have things we can substitute with, if they are using pasta, then use your rice pasta, if they are using chicken stock, use your favorite gluten free brand of chicken stock. I bet I've copied 60 recipes recently.

The other things I found was that when Semi Homemade Comes On, we have a lot of the same type of mixes that she buys at her regular store. I will be able to make corn dogs by using a corn bread mix and follow her directions.

If you haven't watched, give it a try, I watch Rachel Ray and Emeril the most, but there are dozens of others all day and night long.

i love the food network, but i get sad at some of the meals lol. I was wondering what brand is the dairy free sour cream, and does it taste anything like the real, I would love to have sour cream.

paula

I love the food network!! I like Rachael Ray a lot. Have you watched Easy Entertaining with Michale Chiarello? Lots of great ideas and easy to modify if need be.

i don't watch so much as i like browsing the website :D i love Giada and Paula's recipes :D Southern goodness and Italian food! Yum! I am always finding new recipes to print off!!

I love the Food Network. I love food too even if it must be gluten-free. Giada, Jamie Oliver, Mario Batali, Bobby Flay, Michael Smith (Canadian), and Nigella are my most favourite. But, lets not forget Iron Chef (the original) and Iron Chef America. I admit it I like everyone on this network. Okay, I think I watch this network too often!

BamBam

Is your sour cream both dairy and casein free.

if so would love love love to know what it is !!!!!!

Judy In Philly

BamBam

Is your sour cream both dairy and casein free.

if so would love love love to know what it is !!!!!!

Judy In Philly

Darn it, I can't remember the name of it right now. Tonight I will go home and take a look at it. It's got a funky name - Something like Tootie something or other, I will look and get back to you.

HI THERE

THERE IS SOME ICE CREAM LIKE THAT BUT IT HAS SOY.... :ph34r: LET'S HOPE IT SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAT I CAN GET ON THE EAST COAST.

HUGS

JUDY

I love the Food Network!! I think my husband has a crush on Giada. hehe!

Racheal Ray makes some good stuff, but I just find her to annoying to watch. Does she have to have an orgasm everytime she eats something!! LOL!

I used to love the Food Network... watched for years... but there are so many repeats now and too many shows for the most annoying cooks (Rachel Ray, Emeril) who used to be great before they became so overexposed.

I still watch repeats of Ina Garten and love Ellie Krieger on the weekends, but I've been switching over to HGTV more and more.

I used to love the Food Network... watched for years... but there are so many repeats now and too many shows for the most annoying cooks (Rachel Ray, Emeril) who used to be great before they became so overexposed.

I still watch repeats of Ina Garten and love Ellie Krieger on the weekends, but I've been switching over to HGTV more and more.

I know what you mean. But, Jamie has a new show and Giada's new one starts soon.

HGTV is great too. You can never watch too many home/garden renos and home selling shows.