This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Intolerance Song

Mtndog

Mtndog Collaborator

Well, I said goodbye to dairy today after a positive breath test so I wanted to mourn it as I will miss it. I'm sure you could substitute anything you're intolerant to so have fun. Sing your intolerances!

Sing to the Tune of Scandal's "Goodbye to You" Open Original Shared Link.. (in case you need musical accompaniment- I wanted to BE Patty Smyth in the 80's!)

Those times I ate something with you will soon seem so long ago

I wanted to eat ice cream far too much to ever let you go

You know I never got by, My gut felt it too

And I guess I never could stand to lose

It's such a pity to say

Goodbye to you

Goodbye to you!

How could I have loved ice cream when it always made me poo?

I remember the good dishes baby now, and the nauseous times too

These last few weeks of holdin' on

The days are cheesy, but the nights too long

Guess it's better to say

Goodbye to you

'Cause dairy it's over now

No need to talk about it

It's not the same

My love for you's just not the same

And my gut, and my gut

And my gut can't stand the strain

And my butt, and my butt

And my butt won't stand the pain

Goodbye to you

Goodbye to you

Goodbye to you

Goodbye to you

Goodbye dairy

So long, darlin'

Goodbye to you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nantzie Collaborator

ROFLMAO!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Nancy

gfpaperdoll Rookie

oh that is soooo cute!!!

yep, who cares about gluten, it is dairy that we mourn :(

Ursa Major Collaborator

Now that made me laugh, how funny! Sorry you have to give up dairy, too. But hopefully you'll feel better for it and it will be worth it.

Lisa Mentor

....and ANOTHER NUT CASE :P Hey babe, I'm with you. I ate some cheese at work and some kinda reference to the Hindenburg in all aspects. :unsure:

hez Enthusiast

Thank you for that kind gift of laughter! I am sorry you are mourning but I am sure you will feel better and really that is the most important thing.

Hez

nikki-uk Enthusiast

My commiserations Bev, bummer <_<

Excellent lyrics!!! :lol::lol:

I've written you a sympathy poem:

Oh cheese I miss you so

I had to let you go

Milkshakes are out

But, I'll feel better no doubt

Ice cream and butter

Are all in the gutter

Don't need no cow

So I take a vow (to be)

DAIRY FREE

The new me.....

;);)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mtndog Collaborator

Thank you Nikki! I need all the sympathy I can get....I'll miss dairy much more than gluten or soy! But hey- cosmopolitans and Namaste Blondies and Enjoy Life chocolate chips are all still in so like is good!

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Mtndog and Nikki-uk,

ROFLMAO! :lol: I loved these! It is difficult. Handling this with humor is always helpful. Laughing about it certainly helps. The Chocolate Emporium is terrific for cake mixes! I am hoping to order some chocolate candies soon!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Archived