Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pnltbox27

Northern Illinois?

anyone aware of a support group or any new info on restaurants in the lake county area. i know the whole foods in palatine does meetings but thats a pretty good cruise from beach park.

diagnosed  Celiac in Feb 2007... having a real hard time commiting to the diet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oh, we had it here, too! We get all your weather, minus 5 degrees or so, and sometimes with a little lake effect precipitationfrom Lake Erie, held in by the Allegheny mountains, so it's nearly always cloudy. And we have major hills here, which really screws everything up!

Why dont' you call some of the major hospitals in Waukegan and see if they have any meetings or have phone numbers for any local support groups. I was not diagnosed Celiac when I left IL six years ago. So I had no reason at that time to look for support. There is also a hospital in Chicago that has a Celiac research center and maybe they would have phone numbers for a local support group in your area. Good luck.

"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004

Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat

Morphia Scleroderma

Osteoarthritis

Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid

Essential Tremors

Asthma

Migraines

Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis

PAD Peripheral Artery Disease

Angina and Atrial Fibrillation

Gluten Ataxia

Vitiligo

Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.

Ocular Myastenia Gravis

thanks mouse , thats a good idea. i think i found the hospital in chicago i think its UIC and they have a celiac specialty section i will diffenitly look in to it ....thanks again

diagnosed  Celiac in Feb 2007... having a real hard time commiting to the diet