Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dally099

Mcdonalds!grrrrr!

i just went on the mcdonalds website and read the ingrediants for their FF's they are not gluten-free!!! im soooooo mad. there are sites that tell you that is the one place that you can eat fries at. so their is nothing to eat their unless you want a burger with no but but the CC would be a little scary i would think. thankfully i can eat dairy and at least have a mcflurry! im sooo mad i had FF's for lunch today will not wonder the D is kicking in and i feel like crap. oh well live and learn i guess.

Nadine

mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)

all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006

G.F. since Feb 2007

Soy free since April 2007

Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:

Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302

HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502

HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene

nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

i just went on the mcdonalds website and read the ingrediants for their FF's they are not gluten-free!!! im soooooo mad. there are sites that tell you that is the one place that you can eat fries at. so their is nothing to eat their unless you want a burger with no but but the CC would be a little scary i would think. thankfully i can eat dairy and at least have a mcflurry! im sooo mad i had FF's for lunch today will not wonder the D is kicking in and i feel like crap. oh well live and learn i guess.

It really does not seem to matter how many ppl react, nor the postive test results for gluten in the ingredients for the fries... the die hard mcd's fans (many even on this forum) refuse to stop calling the fries gluten-free so ppl like you reap the consequences. I am sorry you had to find out the hard way. :(

- Vincent -

It really does not seem to matter how many ppl react, nor the postive test results for gluten in the ingredients for the fries... the die hard mcd's fans (many even on this forum) refuse to stop calling the fries gluten-free so ppl like you reap the consequences. I am sorry you had to find out the hard way. :(

As I posted on dally099's other thread..... even the published product sheet from McDo's actually says in black and white that they contain detectable "proteins from wheat" ...

Of course the paper starts with a negative test and only passignly mentions the positive more accurate one... but people will read into that what they want to read into it....

Or as my sig translates "man will willingly believe what he wants to believe"

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)