Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ReneCox

Flavored Water Vs. Pure

Does anyone know if any flavored waters contain gluten? Also, does drinking alot of flavored water have the same or nearly the same benefits alot of plain water or does it have to be pure water?

Does anyone know if any flavored waters contain gluten? Also, does drinking alot of flavored water have the same or nearly the same benefits alot of plain water or does it have to be pure water?

Flavored water is definitely not the same as pure water, especially if it contains artificial sweetners and flavors. It tastes good but it's more like a soft drink. You can easily make your own flavored water though. Pour water into a pitcher and add some fresh cucumber and orange slices. Let the pitcher sit in the fridge overnight. Lemon also works well. If you make it yourself, your water will taste good and you won't have to worry about gluten or toxic artificial flavors.

I've always liked plain water with a slice of lemon or lime; after being used to that, the new flavored waters taste horribly chemical to me.

Love the idea of cucumber and orange--I'll have to try that! Thanks for posting the idea, Mango!

I am also not fond of the new flavored waters they all have a bitter taste to me. I used to like this water it came in a blue bottle...not even sure of the name...they dont make it anymore.

I am also not fond of the new flavored waters they all have a bitter taste to me. I used to like this water it came in a blue bottle...not even sure of the name...they dont make it anymore.

i think i remember this...was it all sorts of berry flavors? drank something like it when i was a kid, remember the blue bottle.

another good one is cucumber and honeydew water. i think when i tried it, they had mint in it too...but can't remember...

good ol' fresh water is the best to me :D or on occasion fruit juice (100% fruit) like Naked Juices :P mmm, my fave!

Anyone ever have a reaction to Fruit2O drinks?