This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Feeling bad (what Else Is New)

luckygfme

georgie Enthusiast

Armour Thyroid is available in USA and around the world - sometimes under a different brand name. Its always been available. Its just that when the synthetics were discovered and made mid 60s - there was a big marketing push for them to be #1. Its not necessarily the best for some people but its good for the companies that make them ;) Dosing isn't that hard and many of the Thyroid sites can assist you if your Dr is a bit unsure. Most Drs have no training re Armour so its all new to them , and they are hesitant. Sometimes you have to help them a little ....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
THanks so much. I'm glad you're feeling better!! & I'll definately find the book. I'm pretty desperate to start feeling betterfast. i'm trying to stop smoking too, which is hard right now (when i'm hungry and my stomach hurts so i can't eat i just smoke instead..terrible,i'm trying desperately to quit) but anyway, no beer for me. That's actually the thing that prompted me finding out about everything, I got really really really sick last summer after drinking.

You know what lucky? This may sound really strange, but I think you should stop worrying about quitting smoking for now. Give yourself a break. You've just lost a bunch of food in your diet, (and it really is a LOSS) and now you have to deal with your thyroid being imbalanced. I don't know much about thyroid disease, I don't know if smoking affects it, but I would advise one thing at a time. You're putting way too much stress on your emotions, you should only give up one thing at a time. I would say that once your thyroid has been under control for at least three months, then try quitting. I had to quit smoking too, it's impossible if you're also figuring out what's safe to eat for dinner!

NoGluGirl Contributor
LOL true. well i'm not leaving him alone till he gives me it, and if anything i'll just order it and the hell with him. The thing about your weight, i see that you had your gallbladder removed. I know that it's especially difficult to lose weight when you don't have a gall bladder so that might also be the cause.

Dear luckygfme,

Really, having your gallbladder out makes it difficult to lose weight? I wonder why that is. That is weird. Maybe I should do some research and see if I can find anything. Maybe if it is the cause, perhaps it is due to not being able to digest fat properly. I was actually losing some weight after the surgery, but then had trouble losing it later. At one point prior to the surgery, I looked anorexic I got so thin. I got down to 84 pounds while in the hospital. My eating habits were not much different from what they are now. Of course, I know I have Candida, and that makes losing weight nearly impossible for many people.

Dear georgie,

We really appreciate the info for the Armour Thyroid stuff. All natural has such a nice ring to it! I am so tired of my Thyroid being overactive, then underactive. You have to keep going and getting tests done. It is expensive, and rediculous.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Archived