Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We're meeting some friends in Reno tomorrow night and I have no idea what to drink. I'm one of the lucky ones who has a reaction to vodka, so that's out. Don't like Rum, plus it always gives me a hangover. I've been sick a bunch this week, so I'm not in the mood to question the bartender about every ingredient. I just want something simple and straightforward.

If Seven and Seven (Seagram's 7 and 7-up) is gluten-free, I'm going to stick with that. And if anyone can tell me what Seagram's 7 is made from exactly, that would be helpful. If not, other possibilities I'm wondering about are -

Scotch and Soda

Gin and Tonic

Tequila Screwdriver

Thanks everybody.

:D

Nancy

Nancy, who says you have to drink alcohol? Just stick with pop if you question the ingredients of alcoholic beverages. Plus, if you aren't feeling good already, the alcohol might make it worse. I hate alcohol, it has never agreed with me. I don't care about being teased, NOBODY can get me to drink any. Enjoy the company without drinking with them!

We're meeting some friends in Reno tomorrow night and I have no idea what to drink. I'm one of the lucky ones who has a reaction to vodka, so that's out. Don't like Rum, plus it always gives me a hangover. I've been sick a bunch this week, so I'm not in the mood to question the bartender about every ingredient. I just want something simple and straightforward.

If Seven and Seven (Seagram's 7 and 7-up) is gluten-free, I'm going to stick with that. And if anyone can tell me what Seagram's 7 is made from exactly, that would be helpful. If not, other possibilities I'm wondering about are -

Scotch and Soda

Gin and Tonic

Tequila Screwdriver

Thanks everybody.

:D

Nancy

I have to go with the person who said you don't have to drink at all. Alcohol is tricky, many are okay with some distilled grains, but many are not. The time to figure out whether you tolerate a 7&7 is when you are completely well. You need to challenge alcohol the same way you would a suspect food. In a moderate amount like a couple drinks after dinner, for a minimum of 3 days with no other suspect items. If you haven't had a reaction in a week then you will know you tolerate it.