Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HannahHannah

Strange Rash Appeared On My Face...help!

I was wondering if this was a symptom, or just some silly reaction I'm having to something.

Last night I noticed an itchy rash on both of my cheeks - this morning it is worse...! It's rather red, and I'm trying not to scratch it as I don't want to irritate a rash somewhere as obvious as my face.

I can't think what has caused this...! My skincare routine hasn't changed at all, and I've been very careful not to get glutened. Anyone have any experience of this/ideas as to what may have caused it.

Thanks very much.

Sounds like what I get once in awhile, though not usually on my face. I think it may be the beginnings of a DH breakout, so whenever it occurs, I avoid salt and high protein foods. It usually subsides within a few days.

I hope you've made certain that your skin and hair care products are gluten-free.

Sounds like what I get once in awhile, though not usually on my face. I think it may be the beginnings of a DH breakout, so whenever it occurs, I avoid salt and high protein foods. It usually subsides within a few days.

I hope you've made certain that your skin and hair care products are gluten-free.

Dear RiceGuy,

Can DH look like acne? I have it all over my cheeks especially. It itches and burns! I sometimes scratch it until it bleeds. What is the best treatment?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

I was wondering if this was a symptom, or just some silly reaction I'm having to something.

Last night I noticed an itchy rash on both of my cheeks - this morning it is worse...! It's rather red, and I'm trying not to scratch it as I don't want to irritate a rash somewhere as obvious as my face.

I can't think what has caused this...! My skincare routine hasn't changed at all, and I've been very careful not to get glutened. Anyone have any experience of this/ideas as to what may have caused it.

Thanks very much.

It could be anything..allergic reaction, virus, heat rash, DH. Best to have your dr or dermatologist look at it.

Michelle

Dear RiceGuy,

Can DH look like acne? I have it all over my cheeks especially. It itches and burns! I sometimes scratch it until it bleeds. What is the best treatment?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

I don't know. I recently saw a post which mentioned acne in relation to Celiac, and if I recall, it had cleared after going gluten-free. However, I wouldn't doubt the possibility of toxins or some other stuff like candida to cause skin problems like you describe. If I had such, the first thing I'd try after ruling out allergies, toxins, etc, might be to apply coconut oil as a skin cream. While this approach is addressing the wrong end of the problem, it might at least alleviate the itching.