Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckmom

Cc Questions

We are about 3 weeks gluten free and my daughter is doing fairly well, No More Stomachaches!!!

My question is about CC. We understand it because she also has peanut allergies, but what is hard for us is that there are no immediate symptoms so we are not sure how good we are doing. She does now and again complain of stomach aches, but we are not sure if this is her not understanding the feeling of being hungry and being full versus having a true stomach ache. One of our concerns is Play Doh. She is old enough to know not to eat it (which my kids never did). We also have always washed our hands after playing. Is this good enough? Also, our house not 100% gluten free but we wipe everything down and cook her foods first. Any other suggestions?

Oh, by the way, Is Pam cooking spray safe? We noticed that there is grain alcohol in it! This is where we get really confused!!

Thank you all again for all of your great info. & help. :D

Hi, the play dough issue is tricky. You have to remember that the play dough can get stuck under the nails or maybe your child is not eating it but for some reason she puts her hand to her mouth and there you go. My household is not gluten free either. I do the same as you, I cook all of his food first and wash everything down thoroughly. So far I have not seen any signs of cross contamination either. Just remember to use a seperate toaster for her and seperate jelly jars, mustard, etc. For my son the symptoms have always been constipation so it took a few days to know he had gluten anyway. If you have only been gluten free for 3 weeks she is still healing so she may be having some stomach problems still because of that. It took about 3 months for my son to show any obvious improvent.

Nicole

as far as I know all pam is safe except the one that has flour in it. With our family not all being gluten-free I make dinner gluten-free for all, breakfast and lunch are prepared separately by each person to avoid cc. And yes to avoid possible cc from double dipping I have bought separate butter,jelly, etc and labled them gluten-free with my son's and my names on it. Now I didn't label drinks, I assume cc won't be a problem there I hope. I have 2 gluten-free only shelf in my cabnit and have labeled other shelfed items like cereal gluten-free that wouldn't fit.

As far as playdough I have put that on hold for now and we use moon sand instead. My son has been gluten-free nearly 4 weeks while I am just working on my 1st week.

Pam is fine, it's from corn. There is a Pam for baking with wheat flour, but regular Pam is okay.