Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beaglemania

Do They Still Sell Amy's Rice Macaroni And Cheese?

I have not seen in in the store for months, and I love it!! When I asked a health store employee they said the product hadn't been availiabvle for 2 months!! I'm very dissappointed and I hope they still sell it!

I hope they still sell it. It disappeared off the shelves of a store I was buying it from also.

yeah, its weird. I've looked everywhere. Publix, another supermarket, a Whole Foods, a health food store and I couldn't find it! I ocntacted Amy's but it'll probably be a while till I receive a response. I have no idea why they might discontinue it. Its such a seller where I live. It is sometimes hard to get a hold of it but that's because it sells out so quickly!!

I haven't been able to find this for a while either!! I thought it was just sold out the first 2 times I looked for it, but now I am thinking different. Wonder if they discontinued it? I would hope not, it was one of the best meals that Amy's made! DS loves it!! We have been getting Glutino's frozen mac & cheese in it's place, but it isn't as good. I will ask the woman who stocks the gluten-free stuff at my store next time I am in and let you all know if I find anything out.

i've seen it at walmart, but would not recommend getting it. the last two times i ate it, i got very glutened. they no longer say "gluten free" on Amy's products. I personally don't eat them any more. Glutinos isn't AS good, but it still is pretty good, that's what I get now, or I make my own.

They either have stopped stocking it at the Whole Foods in Los Angeles or at least have not had a new shipment in awhile. I used to get it all the time and they couldnt keep it on the shelf. It was really popular, I cannot believe they would discontinue it.

Glutino makes one also but its a bit more difficult to find.

I sent an email and received a reply~!!

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. We are indeed still making

this meal. But we discovered that our rice pasta supplier had changed

the thickness of the pasta...which caused the meal to be "gummy" when

microwaved. Obviously, this was not up to our standards so after a huge

search for a new pasta supplier ... our new pasta will arrive sometime

this week. So by late April you should once again see our Rice Mac and

Cheese meal in your store freezer.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this must have caused. Please send us

your mailing address and I would be happy to send you our brochure, a

list of our gluten free meals...and a free coupon for the trouble this

has caused.

Thanks for your patience and support. We appreciate it.

Best regards,

Customer Relations

I asked about it at my whole foods and was told they found out batches were contaminated [not gluten-free] and are trying to fix the problem, the man said they had to send what they had back.