Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

molangley

Pasta Pomodoro

Just wanted to give a head's up. Went to Pasta Pomodoro last night. Have been going there for a while now for the gluten free pasta and the portobello sauce, up till last night they were very helpful and always mad a separate dish for me and fresh gluten-free sauce. Last night I was informed that not only did they not know what gluten was (interestiing, since it is on the menu), but they had never heard nor could make a sauce without gluten. I was very p.o.'d and embarassed, they had the whole management staff at my table basically making a federal case out of it! So, we left and went to Cedar Creek in Laguna Niguel, who have ALWAYS been very accomodating! Ya live and learn!

I spoke with the manager Pasta Pomodoro in Irvine, CA about two months ago. He was not aware that the gluten free pasta should be cooked in separate water from the regular pasta. He also told me I should not eat out. With this level of ignorance, it is my opinion, they should not even bother the have gluten free pasta available.

I spoke with the manager Pasta Pomodoro in Irvine, CA about two months ago. He was not aware that the gluten free pasta should be cooked in separate water from the regular pasta. He also told me I should not eat out. With this level of ignorance, it is my opinion, they should not even bother the have gluten free pasta available.

Nice! How about that for customer service! It's people like that that deserve an anal fissure! O, btw, I did email corporate at Pasta Pomodoro, they are gonna love me!

The manager is right, you shouldn't eat out. In fact, you shouldn't eat anything that you did not grow on your own farm. You also shouldn't drink anything but bottled water. If you would be so kind as to seal yourself into a bag with just some carrots to tide you over, it would be a REAL convenience for all the "normal" folks out there.

Sheesh! What an insensitive moron that guy is. I want to hear what corp. has to say about your email. Let them know that gluten-free IS NOT A FAD!