Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest maddiesmom

What About Soy?

Guest maddiesmom

If it isn't good to give dairy, is soy ok? My daughter drinks the chocolate soy milk now.. the regular and vanilla aren't so great :P:P

I'd pretty much say the two are about equal.....

They are both probably good to give up.... but also its not like gluten in that cutting down is also useful.. at least until you actually provoke a full blown intolerance....

My personal opinion... is since so many celiuacs do develop intolerances to them both... I take them in extreme moderation...soy more than milk simply because I love cheese.... I fugure if Im going to have one or the other I might as well really enjoy it...

but overall I try and limit my intake of both....

If I go for sushi I'll take my gluten-free soy ,,, (also it seems fermented soy like sauce/tofu) is less bad...

If your posting this in response to anothe rpost of mine then you should of course wait for other opinions because that is all this really is... there is lots of evidence for celiacs developing dairy and soy intolerances and its generally believed that eating a LOT of a potential intolerant food can provoke an intolerance... so I just try and keep neither as a major source of protein/nourishment in my diet...

Unfermented soy is extremely unhealthy. Rice milk (not rice dream, it has barley) or almond milk would be better choices. Here is a good link to find out more about soy. http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/