Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chatycady

Glutened At A Restaurant And Feel Lousy!

I'm exhausted and miserable. Went to a steak house Friday night, asked them politely if they added sauses, etc. anything to their steaks and was told no. It was delicious, but I believe it must have been marinated in gluten. Anyway, within 45 minutes the symptoms started and now this is Sunday and I'm still out of it! My blood pressure drops so low. It's 75/40 and I can barely move.

All the other symptoms have subsided, but how do I get my pressure back up? I'm angry, depressed and just worn out. Why didn't they tell me the truth? WHy can't they just be honest and say YES our steak will make you sick! I would have settled for a salad and baked potato. My weekend has been ruined bcause of this!

No one seems to know much about this disease. THey think I'm exaggerating!

At least my husband sees it. He knew before I did that I was headed for trouble.

I think I'll call in sick tomorrow.

Sorry to be such a big baby, but I feel like Im back at the beginning and have to start all over again.

I'm exhausted and miserable. Went to a steak house Friday night, asked them politely if they added sauses, etc. anything to their steaks and was told no. It was delicious, but I believe it must have been marinated in gluten. Anyway, within 45 minutes the symptoms started and now this is Sunday and I'm still out of it! My blood pressure drops so low. It's 75/40 and I can barely move.

All the other symptoms have subsided, but how do I get my pressure back up? I'm angry, depressed and just worn out. Why didn't they tell me the truth? WHy can't they just be honest and say YES our steak will make you sick! I would have settled for a salad and baked potato. My weekend has been ruined bcause of this!

No one seems to know much about this disease. THey think I'm exaggerating!

At least my husband sees it. He knew before I did that I was headed for trouble.

I think I'll call in sick tomorrow.

Sorry to be such a big baby, but I feel like Im back at the beginning and have to start all over again.

I'm sorry you've had one of those experiences - I've had a few, myself!

I know it can feel like everyone's out to get you. I think it's more ignorance than anything else. Some people think that heat "kills" the gluten - as if it's a bacteria! :blink:

When I go out, I usually avoid sauces, if I can - sometimes the restaurant can just eliminate it - and there's less chance of accidentally eating gluten that way. They may not even know there is wheat in the sauce or seasoning. Also, salads are not guaranteed, unless they mix them separately. I've had some good experiences where the waitress actually offerred to make my salad herself, just to be sure, but I've had other times when I took a chance and was sorry afterwards..!

I hope you feel better soon... :(

Sheryll