Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have read lots of good things about Chebe mixes. I have tried to make their products twice and both times it turned out horribly. It really sucks because the bread smells so good when it's cooking. What a disappointment! :angry: The bread will never cook completely. Even the thin squished bread sticks that my son helped me make were undercooked. I cook them until the bottom is dark brown. Is there some secret that I don't know? :blink:

Please help.

Hi Jenny, That happened to me too. I've been meaning to call Chebe to find out the secret. I've heard them bragging about how it is so good on here too. Glad I'm not alone, but I'd like to know what I did wrong too.

When I first used Chebe for rolls, I thought they were not done, because the centers were still soft. I kept adding more minutes to the cooking time. I finally called Chebe to see what I was doing wrong. They said nothing I was doing was wrong. That the centers don't firm up like regular wheat flour and that is the way they are suppose to be. I do cook them the maximum time and they are really tasty. I recently used the regular Chebe mix to wrap Lil Smokies in for an appetiser and they were a big hit.

Jenny, I don't think you're doing anything wrong. My family won't eat Chebe. Our ducks outside won't even eat Chebe. I just think the stuff is kind of gross.

I was able to get something fairly edible by adding yeast or baking soda. Then I found the Gluten Free Pantry's French Bread mix and have never looked back.

Thanks everyone. It just smells so go when it's cooking. ;) I think I too might give up on Chebe. I'm just glad to know that I'm not alone in my problem. :P I can't imagine eating them the way they turn out. Even after I let them set they are still underdone.

Thanks again for all replies.