Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nik_ed

Milk Of Magnesia

I was wondering if this product was gluten-free? I was in the ER last night and they said to take milk of magnesia for my stomach. Or I could take maalox. I haven't found anything last night while searching and I thought I would ask before I head to work. Thanks.

Nicki

I was wondering if this product was gluten-free? I was in the ER last night and they said to take milk of magnesia for my stomach. Or I could take maalox. I haven't found anything last night while searching and I thought I would ask before I head to work. Thanks.

Nicki

Yes, I take Milk of Magnesia, and Kaeopectate is also gluten free.

Check out www.glutenfreedrugs.com

This has a very helpful list.

Nicki

Hi were you having stomach pain? I thought milk of magnesia was just a laxative?

I hope you're feeling better

This is part of a list that I got from Tylenol/Merk a couple of weeks ago.

The following Johnson & Johnson/Merck Consumer Pharmaceuticals products have been tested and do not contain detectable levels of gluten:

Children's Mylanta® Tablets Bubblegum

Regular Strength Mylanta® Liquid Original Flavor

Maximum Strength Mylanta® Liquid Original Flavor

Mylanta® Ultra Tablets Cool Mint

Infant's Mylicon® Drops Non-Staining

Maximum Strength Mylanta® Gas Mint Tablets

Pepcid® AC 10 mg Tablets

Pepcid® Complete Chewable Mint Tablets

Hope you feel better.

yup, its gluten free. Used to take the stuff. Left a bad aftertaste in my mouth. Try to find milk of magnesia caplets. So much better! Hard to find, but their a lot better than swallowing the liquid.

The doctor wanted me to empty my stomach because the x-ray showed I had to much stuff in there. Well duh, because I just got done eating about 40 minutes before that!!

Daisy Duke-I tried that site and din't see anything(maybe just too tired after being in ER). I agree with you-that is a very good list and I go there all the time. Yup Kaeopectate is my friend since I can't Imidium(ended up in ER 2 years ago 5 times after having the big D and taking this. Told me not to take it any more cause that was causing the problems-I tend to not believe this, but I don't take it anymore.).

Jenny C.-Thanks for the info on Mylanta.

I am feeling better today- just have the big D after taking potassium tables. My levels were low so I take these horse pills for 3 days. Yucky!! Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Thanks for all the information.

Nicki