Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FeedIndy

Baby Vitamin Supplements?

DD seems to be having trouble with her iron levels, which makes sense considering her diet. She gets really tired all the time, almost like a glutening again even when we know she hasn't been. When I tried thinking back on her diet I realized she had to be low in iron. No more fortified cereals or breads. She can't eat meat. She's not on formula. I did some research and found the highest iron level in her diet were sweet potatoes and raisins so we try to make sure she eats them regularly. She has more energy, but not so pretty diapers.

Does anyone give their baby vitamins or iron supplements?

DD seems to be having trouble with her iron levels, which makes sense considering her diet. She gets really tired all the time, almost like a glutening again even when we know she hasn't been. When I tried thinking back on her diet I realized she had to be low in iron. No more fortified cereals or breads. She can't eat meat. She's not on formula. I did some research and found the highest iron level in her diet were sweet potatoes and raisins so we try to make sure she eats them regularly. She has more energy, but not so pretty diapers.

Does anyone give their baby vitamins or iron supplements?

When my kids were litte, under 1 year of age, I gave them tri-v-sol vitamins and I you can get it with extra Iron. It was a liquid that I gave them with a dropper. They really liked it! It was over the counter.

I do remember that my son had some staining on his teeth and it was from the extra iron, he didn't need it.

I would ask your doctor or pharmiscist about it.

Good luck!