Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

floridanative

Roy's Resturant

I've been to both locals and they each have very knoweldgeable Chefs reagarding gluten free food prep. They prefer to let them know in advance you require a gluten free meal when making reservations. It's Asian Fusion cuisine and my meals including salad, dinner/side and dessert needed no modifications whatsoever. However, many of their sauces contain reg. soy sauce so you can ask them to make you some other gluten-free sauce instead - not with soy sauce though. Their gluten-free chocolate souffle is to die for but must be ordered during the meal (not at end) due to cooking time. It's pricey - about $100 for two if you have wine and two desserts but more than worth it for a special treat. Be sure and ask them to leave off the pineapple shaped cookie (that anchors the ice cream) with the souffle.

www.roysrestaurant.com

I've eaten at the Roy's in Naples, Maui and Hawaii - and they are wonderful! Every location has been very knowledgable, and practically bend over backwards to accomodate. The souffle is incredible. We actually got the recipe and DH will make it every so often at home.

They are actually owned by the same corporation that owns Outback, Bonefish Grill, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Carrabas and Fleming's; so while they don't necessarily have a gluten free menu the corporation is obviously very gluten friendly :)