Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rmmadden

Slight Fever When Glutened?

On top of the brain-fog / slight dizzy feeling I get when fighting-off a gluten attacked, I also develop a low-grade fever and the occassional heart palpitation. Anyone else?

I've been to the Dr. twice to check the old ticker out and I'm happy to report it's fine. Just curious who else gets the palp's and slight fever?

Cleveland Bob B)

Hi Cleveland Bob,

I'm guilty on both counts! I get a slight fever and feel a little flu-like the first couple days. I get muscle aches in my upper arms, too.

I also get the palpitations. It's very odd. I've had an echo cardiogram, and wore a Holter Monitor and all was well.

Fever is normal for any baterial or viral infection... which is exactly what the body thinks it has....

Its our inhereted first line defense that in humans is about as useful as an appendix... since most mammals have higher temps normally than we can survive when we have a fever...

My wife gets a fever so bad she gets delerium... she was hallucinating last time that she was one of the X-men! She gets the shakes and palpitations too, can't get warm, photophobia...

You're not the only one!