Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eveelady

Confusing Results

kia ora, this is my first post.

had blood test results that came back positive for antibodies (or something like that) and doctor said showed that i coeliacs, but sent me for biopsy to confirm.

went back for results (diff doc this time - in public system) and was told that biopsy was negative - and that i didnt have coeliacs.

very confused.

was told that going on gluten free diet prior to biopsy wouldnt affect the results, but it was a couple of months between blood test results and biopsy - i think that it has affected the results.

still on gluten free diet now and much better

any of your opinions would be much appreciated.

Whoever told you that being on the gluten-free diet for two months prior to your biopsy would not matter is an idiot. Two months are enough to heal your villi sufficiently to cause a false negative result.

Don't worry about it, your positive bloodwork and your good results on the diet should be enough evidence to be diagnosed with celiac disease by most doctors.

Keep up the good work and keep healing!

That's kinda what i was thinking myself. Was totally stunned and pretty upset after my appt. But decided to stick to gluten free anyway cause it was working.

Thanks! whish i had found this forum earlier!