Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRUMI1968

When To Get Re-tested?

Hi all. Should I be having blood work done again for celiac, to see if I am truly gluten-free? I am super strict and have gluten-free household. But I realize that perfection is likely unattainable. Anyway, it's been almost a year. Should I get tested again? And do I need to do the whole panel, or only part of it...my insurance sucks now.

Thanks.

Hi all. Should I be having blood work done again for celiac, to see if I am truly gluten-free? I am super strict and have gluten-free household. But I realize that perfection is likely unattainable. Anyway, it's been almost a year. Should I get tested again? And do I need to do the whole panel, or only part of it...my insurance sucks now.

Thanks.

How are you feeling? Are you still having frequent issues? If not then IMHO you do not need to retest. If you are having some problems then the test may be of value. I had a freind that kept having problems and when they retested they were finding the Ttg had not gone down as much as was expected. After talking for a bit I found out that her doctor had told her she didn't need to worry about cosmetics, shampoos and such. I told her her doctor was mistaken, she listened and the Ttg was down on her next test.

Retesting every six months to a year is also a way for folks who are asymptomatic to tell if they have been compliant.