Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoveBeingATwin

Stool Question

I know this has problaby been posted before but I have been looking back to find the post, but I am having any luck so I thought I would ask again. What does it mean when your stool is fatty looking and doesn't want to flush? Do I need to add something to my diet? I am not sure, but I remember my nutritionist mentioning something about that being part of Celiac. I tell you...it is hit or miss with me. One day it floats and the other day I can't stop it. :( What gives?

Floating is usually because there is gas in your stool caused by bacterial digestion instead of your body digesting it. It can happen when you eat something that your small intestine can't digest and the bacteria in your colon have to do it.

Hi

Here is the definition give from EnteroLabs given to me when I received the test results.

A fecal fat indicates there is an increased amount of dietary fat in the stool which usually is due to gluten-induced small intestinal malabsorption/damage when associated with gluten sensitivity.

Values between 300-600 mild, 600-1000 moderate, and greater than 1000 severe. Any elevated fecal fat value should be rechecked in one year after treatment to ensure that it does not persist bacause chronic fat malabsorption is associated with osteoporosis among other nutritional deficiency syndromes.

The only thing to my knowledge is to continue with a permanent gluten-free diet.

Best regards to you.

what is "floating"?

does anyone know what to do when you have problem actually releasing a BM? its a constant struggle for me and i do eat fibre

Hi, yes, that's me too. I have finally realized this is constipation even when the stool isn't hard. Check the website for info on constipation.

Ok. Hate to do this, but I need to get a little more clarity on this subject.

Ahem.

What do you mean fatty stools? Is that when there is white stuff that comes out? :ph34r:

So embarrassing! I could never ask my doctor this.......

Ahhhh something to look forward to then I am taking it..... and to think I was so impressed here when I actually had to grunt. (yeah yeah I know TMI)

So is floating good or bad, I am not sure to many technical thingies floating around in this one :huh:

Ok. Hate to do this, but I need to get a little more clarity on this subject.

Ahem.

What do you mean fatty stools? Is that when there is white stuff that comes out? :ph34r:

So embarrassing! I could never ask my doctor this.......

Sorry I haven't had this experience, but read somewhere that celiacs can have very light colored (might have even said white) stool.

My stool used to be really hard to flush - it was kind of pasty in texture and it would kind of stick to the side of the bowl as it went down. It also took a lot of times for me to wipe myself clean. (TMI...) I'm guessing it was one version of fatty stool that they talk about. It also was thin in diameter - which I was told is a sign of irritation/inflammation of the large intestine. Now the only time I get any of this is after I get glutened.

My daughter gets gassy looking (looks like there's air bubbles in it) stool that is paler than usual and floats.

I remember how surprised I was the first time my poop looked like stereotypical poop. Because what I had been having had become normal for me for so long. :lol:

Nancy

My stool used to be really hard to flush - it was kind of pasty in texture and it would kind of stick to the side of the bowl as it went down. It also took a lot of times for me to wipe myself clean. (TMI...) I'm guessing it was one version of fatty stool that they talk about. It also was thin in diameter - which I was told is a sign of irritation/inflammation of the large intestine. Now the only time I get any of this is after I get glutened.

My daughter gets gassy looking (looks like there's air bubbles in it) stool that is paler than usual and floats.

I remember how surprised I was the first time my poop looked like stereotypical poop. Because what I had been having had become normal for me for so long. :lol:

Nancy

I am so glad someone brought up the skinny poop. I get that when I am glutened, and never knew why, and it was kinda starting to scare me. I had lots of bad thoughts run threw my head. Who told you it was a sign on irritation, or can i find the info on the internet.

paula

I am so glad someone brought up the skinny poop. I get that when I am glutened, and never knew why, and it was kinda starting to scare me. I had lots of bad thoughts run threw my head. Who told you it was a sign on irritation, or can i find the info on the internet.

paula

Yes, thanks for that info, I have had that too, off and on pre-gluten-free diet.

So.... What's with the white stuff? Does anyone ever have this? It's like liquid - I always thought it was a natural lubricant or something (TMI TMI!!) but now that I'm overanalyzing everything, I'm wondering if it's normal? :blink:

I recommend a google search for "fatty stool". It's informative. My GI say's you have to get a stool sample analysed to determine that.

Floating means there's extra gas, not fecal fat.

best regards, lm

sorry guys, but have to be persistent here.....what is floating stool?????

does anyone have problems passing BM???? Sometimes its a major struggle to get it out. Then I feel sore and weak afterwards.....sound familiar to anyone..........Id appreciate any feedback! Thanks

e