Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

isiskingdom

Touching Wheat Products?

Hi! I have a weird question I just found out I have celiac and I'm starting to buy the right foods but my husband and daughter that we know of are not so I make two separate dinners. My question is it safe for me to touch wheat products as long as I don't eat it? :unsure: Also since I have been eating the right foods my tummy feels worse why is that? You would think it would be feeling better.

Hi! I have a weird question I just found out I have celiac and I'm starting to buy the right foods but my husband and daughter that we know of are not so I make two separate dinners. My question is it safe for me to touch wheat products as long as I don't eat it? :unsure: Also since I have been eating the right foods my tummy feels worse why is that? You would think it would be feeling better.

My wife gets a bit of a rash if she handles flour, but regular bread isn't such a problem as long as she washes her hands. I think its a matter of how much you react.

I see no reason what so ever for you to cook two separate dinners. I serve gluten free meals daily and I get nothing but "gosh this is great".

It is so easy to swap out a few ingredients and make the same dinner. There is an endless list of gluten free recipies on this site that can be researched.

There is no need to eat with less gusto cooking gluten free.

In answer to your question, gluten cannot be absorbed through the skin, but by touching I would recommend that you wash you hands immediatly after.

Liberate yourself and cook one dinner. :D

I agree with Momma Goose - stop cooking two dinners ;) My husband loves the meals we eat at home and if he wants his bread/pasta he goes out to a restaurant. if he does want a sandwhich at home he makes it and he cleans it all up. If that isn't an option for you, just want sure you wash your hands with soap and water before touching your food and/or licking your fingers etc.

Amy