Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I3Daniel

Kinnickinnick Products

I received my first order of Kinnickinnick products, and it says on the box to freeze the items. I'm just wondering if this is necessary. Will their products spoil easily/quickly? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks for your help!!!!

In the past I have frozen the product. My guess is that the product will spoil quickly especially if there are no perservatives.

Hez

Yes do freeze them, unless of course you want to be a piglet and eat them all in one sitting today! ha :lol:

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Yes do freeze them, unless of course you want to be a piglet and eat them all in one sitting today! ha :lol:

-Jessica :rolleyes:

hi i fereeze my stuff and just take it out and toast it when i need to, if you get a chance to go to edmonton or no some one there they make the best fresh baked goods. there banana loafs are awsome, my hubby will even eat it.

yes, freeze, they ship them fresh and then you freeze any pre-cooked prodcut on arrival. Any mixes are fine on shelf. My kids love the frozen pizza crusts, choc chip muffins and cinamon buns.

Sandy

I just wanted to add that cookies and cereal don't need to be frozen. I generally buy my flours and mixes in bulk from them and freeze them, but you don't have to freeze or refrigerate the flours if you're going to use them up right away.

Yes, freeze it as soon as you receive it. Things have spoiled on me in less than a week, even when kept in the fridge at all times.

~ lisa ~

how long does it take for them to ship it? I get mine at whole foods. but we were thinking of ordering as people here in my family work and I don't drive so I have to rely on them. but i dont want the bread to spoil enroute to my house.

I believe it is a 2 day delivery. It never has arrived spoiled to me. And I do freeze all of the baked goods on arrival.

If it spoils enroute, I imagine that you could get a refund. They are very easy to work with. I've never had anything spoil on its way to me. Plus, the bonus of ordering online is that it's $10 shipping to US no matter how much you buy, so stock up. I buy everything I can from them. I really, really like their baked goods. The donuts, bagels, and cinnamon rolls are amazing. Their breads are all very good too. I'm a huge Kinnikinnick fan.

Wow, thank you all for your advice. I'm glad Daniel decided to freeze everything. Except for the cookies, which he ate all of in about 3 days! :) We also got blueberry muffins, bread and hamburger/hot dog buns, so I hope those are good. We have yet to try them.

I placed my order on the 8th, and it arrived on the 13th. I think it took so long because I ordered it on a Sunday, and Easter Sunday at that.

Do their bagels and english muffins taste anything like "regular" bagels and english muffins? I'm afraid to try them because I'm worried that even if they're good they'll taste completely different and Daniel won't like them.

Thanks again for everyone's input!!!

They probable didn't ship your order until a few days after you placed it, so I doubt it was in transit that long - I think 2 days is the norm.

As far as the bagels and english muffins go - they are good, but definitely NOT like regular ones. I've been gluten-free for less than a year now and used to be a carbaholic, so I still remember the "real" things. I honestly can't eat the bagels - I've tried several different brands and none of them are edible to me. Think I might give the Joan's gluten free that everyone is talking about a call - she apparantely ships the bagels uncooked (in dough form) and then yoiu freeze it and bake them when yoiu want them, so they are fresh.

I do like the Kinnikinnick doughnuts - they taste like "cake" doughnuts that I used to get at Dunkin Doughnuts - don't think there will ever be a gluten-free substitute for Krispy Kreme though!

hi i fereeze my stuff and just take it out and toast it when i need to, if you get a chance to go to edmonton or no some one there they make the best fresh baked goods. there banana loafs are awsome, my hubby will even eat it.

I know what you mean. I love their in-store pies and angel food cakes.

Wow, thank you all for your advice. I'm glad Daniel decided to freeze everything. Except for the cookies, which he ate all of in about 3 days! :) We also got blueberry muffins, bread and hamburger/hot dog buns, so I hope those are good. We have yet to try them.

I placed my order on the 8th, and it arrived on the 13th. I think it took so long because I ordered it on a Sunday, and Easter Sunday at that.

Do their bagels and english muffins taste anything like "regular" bagels and english muffins? I'm afraid to try them because I'm worried that even if they're good they'll taste completely different and Daniel won't like them.

Thanks again for everyone's input!!!

I think the bagels are very similar to regular ones. They're sweeter and the texture isn't exact, but they're very good. I've gotten used to them and I think they're great. They don't fair well with peanut butter though, something about the flavor of the bagel, it just doesn't mix. I like them with lots and lots of cream cheese. I've never had the english muffins.

They say it'll arrive to you in 2 days, but for me it usually takes at least 3. it depends where you live in the country. Saskatchewan is stupid...it goes to manitoba first, and then to Sask..if they make a mistake with the shipping or if it shows up spoiled they usually send you a replacement for free.

~ Lisa ~