Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest maddiesmom

1st Gluten Free Day!

Guest maddiesmom

Today is the first gluten free day for my daughter. She hasn't complained (yet) with her belly hurting. I even cooked my first gluten free meal (on purpose anyway!).. just spaghetti (simple) but it's a start.. I really couldn't taste any difference except maybe the texture and I didn't have that "heavy" feeling after I was done. I know it will take time to see long term results but i am jsut glad she hasn't complained!

Today is the first gluten free day for my daughter. She hasn't complained (yet) with her belly hurting. I even cooked my first gluten free meal (on purpose anyway!).. just spaghetti (simple) but it's a start.. I really couldn't taste any difference except maybe the texture and I didn't have that "heavy" feeling after I was done. I know it will take time to see long term results but i am jsut glad she hasn't complained!

Congratulations, it's one day at a time, step by step. :)

I'm on day 22, and it's helping me quite a bit!

I take it one day at a time. Today I'm gluten free, and if I hate it, I'll deal with it tomorrow. Usally by tomorrow, it's not so bad anymore.

I keep my self in the yummy mainstream gluten free snacks.. chocolate :)

If corn isn't an allergy for you; try corn pasta's like Mrs Leapers has some; I have found it to be quite comparable to regular pasta in texture and taste. We switched over to corn past months before we truely started to eat gluten-free.